Wash tub pump

vlmcentral

Name
Mark Stanley
Does anyone know what the brand and model of the 80 gpm pump used in "the marinator" is? I'm building my own rug wash tub system. Built my own rug rack. That was fun!

Reactions: Nomad74

FredC

Village Idiot
never seen one in person

but

it looks like a calpumps (or similar) torpedo pump....maybe a T4000 (based on looks, inlet/outlet size, and flow rate)....but again this is just a guess

pump2.jpg

edit: looking at the vids it might be the T7500/T10000 which have the larger 3" ports

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Why use a pump? On our bath we use a simple gate valve to hold or drain to sewerage.

Ron K

Under 100.00 usually gets you something decent.Don't need a super powerful pump just water movement. We never really used this premise. Have a 15'X18' inflatable all with roll up matts too, you could soak one rug while washing another. For sale.

vlmcentral

Name
Mark Stanley
Thanks! That was very helpful.

As for the rugsucker I was going to experiment with a 10' section of 3" or 4" schedule 40 pipe with 1/4" holes every 1.5". I will wring out the rugs with my 50lb roller.

vlmcentral

Name
Mark Stanley
Why use a pump? On our bath we use a simple gate valve to hold or drain to sewerage.
Gonna be recirculating/flushing the ChemMax juice through the pump going through the area rug rolled around my homemade "rugsucker".

How do you do it? I'm always looking for a better (simple is usually the best) way.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Gonna be recirculating/flushing the ChemMax juice through the pump going through the area rug rolled around my homemade "rugsucker".

How do you do it? I'm always looking for a better (simple is usually the best) way.
Most urine ones we do don't need the bath as it a fairly minor squirt, so our normal flush and clean works.
For heavily contaminated we just hold in the bath for a period till the urine releases and then flush with water before normal cleaning. Longest time from memory was about 3 days, but usually just a few hours. Main product we use is acetic acid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom