WARNING!!! Carbon Monoxide will KILL YOU!

FredC

Village Idiot
Has there been any reports of this happening recently?

I'm sure there are more but when I bumped this the first for this winter a quick search popped up an apartment building that had to be evacuated and another incident where two Australians that had to be taken to the hospital in the last year.

I bumped it again because it's about to get really cold for folks that usually don't see really cold weather and may be tempted to park to close or in a garage.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The good news is most home have c02 alarms, that's one of those moments of truth customers love!

Why is my Alarm beeping?

Airflow parking the van the wrong direction.

Beep beep beep.

If your real lucky it connected to a monitoring service and the fire dept shows up.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
This is one of the reasons I converted my truckmount to propane.

Less chance of carbon monoxide poisoning when combined with some common sense measures.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
i have to be aware of how i park my 570 because we have set off 3 in the last 2 years..parking 6-7 feet away from a garage but angled toward the garage will
set off a alarm in about 30 mins..pain in the ass

i angle the machine away from the garage..would love to figure a was to divert the exhaust on the 570
Pop a hole in the floor.
Run a custom exhaust muffler from machine exhaust down into and thru the hole.
That muffler can be lengthened to the opposite side of the undercarriage.
Muffler shop can custom the exhaust pipe.

Had mine dine this way. Works perfect for me.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Brian H

Name
Brian H
With our Butlers, the truck exhaust goes out the passenger side. The hoses also come out the passenger side and if you aren't careful, you can inadvertently be pushing that exhaust right into the house/business. That is, until we put a 90 degree bend on the end of the exhaust pipe and it now goes straight back. A lot less chance of it getting in the door now.

Name
Nate W.
With our Butlers, the truck exhaust goes out the passenger side. The hoses also come out the passenger side and if you aren't careful, you can inadvertently be pushing that exhaust right into the house/business. That is, until we put a 90 degree bend on the end of the exhaust pipe and it now goes straight back. A lot less chance of it getting in the door now.

I always thought the exhaust should exit the drive side.. Away from the working side of the van.. Only makes sense..

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
the gas filler hose is usually on that side. Hot exhaust pipe plus gas fumes. makes sense not to have it on that side.

After the axle, it doesn’t matter.. Being a work van that Butler used for the last 25+ years, it would only make sense..

I understand the point your trying to make that the manufacture puts it there for a reason.. But common sense for actual users would fall more in the equipment outfitters..

I have a Steam Genie in a Express van that I’m having exit the driver side along with the blower exhaust..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
After the axle, it doesn’t matter.. Being a work van that Butler used for the last 25+ years, it would only make sense..

I understand the point your trying to make that the manufacture puts it there for a reason.. But common sense for actual users would fall more in the equipment outfitters..

I have a Steam Genie in a Express van that I’m having exit the driver side along with the blower exhaust..
Just a matter of knowing where your exhaust is pointed and park your vehicle so that it is at the furthest point from the home. I often drive nose in, exhaust out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom