Wand Stroke

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
X-Treme Clean said:
Not that my opinion matters. But we did some side by side comparison. It took almost an hour longer drying, doing spray back and forth but it looked way better after it dried.I think when you go forward the yarns are laying at a different angle and your jets are hitting them different, flushing chems and dirt out better. Then just did a extra dry stroke. Looked brighter afterwords mostly.

if you were pulling your back stroke the same/similar speed as wet both ways stroke, I don't doubt it

SLOW your back flush/rinse stroke down.
You'll get a more thorough rinse and better flush.
You can actually use MORE water and have better times.
Even though you're pulling much slower and using more water, your vac slot is also over the fiber longer and pulling more moister than the keyed up and down stroke

as far as "yarns laying at different angles", I've heard similar before like "getting both sides of the fiber"

it's not true. Cause jet spray is hitting the same side of the fiber, the same way going forward or back

..L.T.A.

G

I saw a wand that had a jet for the front stroke,and the back stroke,problem solved.

Mike Draper

or you could just run a greenhorn, some 2.5" hose, then 650 psi and thoroughly rinse it the first time with one backstroke. :wink:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
I think Ken has chastity belts on all those Butlers so they don't crank over 100 psi is what I think.

I started cleaning at 250-300 at Elite shortly before I left. I was getting much better dry times and the jobs came just as well.

I keep mine set between 350 and 425 now.

Greenie

X-Treme Clean said:
Not that my opinion matters. But we did some side by side comparison. It took almost an hour longer drying, doing spray back and forth but it looked way better after it dried.I think when you go forward the yarns are laying at a different angle and your jets are hitting them different, flushing chems and dirt out better. Then just did a extra dry stroke. Looked brighter afterwords mostly.

Everyones opinion counts for something here.

I was curious, on the above side by side, what wand was used? Any mods to it, or stock? Pressure set at truck was? How long of a sol. line was used, and was it 1/4" or 3/8"?
Also, just for completion, what TM was used, and what temp was it operating at...roughly?

Thanks, in advance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom