wand flow and glide recommendations for commercial

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I am going to buy a Devastator wand and want to know what flow you would run and what is the recommended glide style for mostly commercial. I will be using this on an 870ss and or Everest.

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought hole glides were for small truckmounts to help choke them down and create more cfm?
Bigger truckmounts the slot allows more performance?
No.

and yes.

Holes will always get the best dry times regardless of what its attached to, holes will also give you far less chatter, virtually. None on the typical blue gray commercial elephant glue down that slot Glides and even to some point, hybrids will chatter on.

Commercial carpet doesn't need anything more than six flow to flush out the 8th inch of pile. Heavy pre-vacuuming and proper preconditioning to loosen the soil is more important than blasting the living shit out of it with 8, 12, or 24 flow where all you're doing is getting the backing wet and creating that delicious, dirty dishwater smell for all the occupants the next day

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
No.

and yes.

Holes will always get the best dry times regardless of what its attached to, holes will also give you far less chatter, virtually. None on the typical blue gray commercial elephant glue down that slot Glides and even to some point, hybrids will chatter on.

Commercial carpet doesn't need anything more than six flow to flush out the 8th inch of pile. Heavy pre-vacuuming and proper preconditioning to loosen the soil is more important than blasting the living shit out of it with 8, 12, or 24 flow where all you're doing is getting the backing wet and creating that delicious, dirty dishwater smell for all the occupants the next day
ok so the very best performance would be hole glide at 6 flow

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Typically I zipper at 500psi and 9 flow and prespray heavy no issues but I want to have a good wand for under desks or tight areas and backup incase the zipper ever craps out

Mikey P

Administrator
Take a break from selling your aw29’s and go clean some dirty commercial carpet
1666495702961.png

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
No.

and yes.

What about a 100% residential cleaner. Always vacuums and doesn’t do rat nasties

Mikey P

Administrator
What about a 100% residential cleaner. Always vacuums and doesn’t do rat nasties
with a 570/Dev combo there isnt enough a a difference between the glide types to worry about. use what feels best to YOU.

I prefer the slight drag of a 4mm slot glide and love that (mine) dont leave lines.

Once your body starts to fight back you can move to a Hybrid and get some releife (and 2 Minute better dry times) or eat more sardines

and once you get as old and decrepit as our least favorite Pig Farmer, you can go to a Hole glide to squeeze out one more year of your career.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
with a 570/Dev combo there isnt enough a a difference between the glide types to worry about. use what feels best to YOU.

I prefer the slight drag of a 4mm slot glide and love that (mine) dont leave lines.

Once your body starts to fight back you can move to a Hybrid and get some releife (and 2 Minute better dry times) or eat more sardines

and once you get as old and decrepit as our least favorite Pig Farmer, you can go to a Hole glide to squeeze out one more year of your career.
I can push and pull the slot one handed. I’ll stick with the slot. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom