sam miller
The backing or the pile is jute?

PXL_20240221_220030007.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
First, suggest discarding it, as it was never meant to be cleaned. It's a glorified doormat.
I was taken to court and lost, when a tech cleaned this stuff using HWE, even after the tech warned the client of shrinkage and the client accepted the risk verbally. The douchebag lied in court. The judge said if I knew it would cause damage, I shouldn't have cleaned it. I was knowingly negligent. I'm sure the tech was not that careful with his use of water.

Having said that-
Set the customer's expectations very low.
After the customer has released me of ALL responsibility and signed the paperwork.
I've had ok results using hydrogen peroxide over the entire surface and using HWE wisely.
I would think an OP machine with peroxide juice, such as TOPS or Saiger's would give good results.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've cleaned a few over the years. OP is the best you can do. As dry as possible.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
First, suggest discarding it, as it was never meant to be cleaned. It's a glorified doormat.
I was taken to court and lost, when a tech cleaned this stuff using HWE, even after the tech warned the client of shrinkage and the client accepted the risk verbally. The douchebag lied in court. The judge said if I knew it would cause damage, I shouldn't have cleaned it. I was knowingly negligent. I'm sure the tech was not that careful with his use of water.

Having said that-
Set the customer's expectations very low.
After the customer has released me of ALL responsibility and signed the paperwork.
I've had ok results using hydrogen peroxide over the entire surface and using HWE wisely.
I would think an OP machine with peroxide juice, such as TOPS or Saiger's would give good results.

I’m sorry that happened to you.

The issue of being knowingly negligent you will damage something has been used in court more times than I can recall, and has hurt cleaners who thought a verbal or even written understanding would protect them.

I have had countless people tell me that they would take responsibility to entice us to put truck mounts into vans with insufficient weight ratings, in trailers without brakes, etc.

I quote that same phrase and let them buy their equipment elsewhere.

Thank you for bringing that ruling up specifically....I hope it is a warning to others.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom