Vortex & Aerotech users......Clean your EDV Filters!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
I can’t stress enough how important it is to keep the filter for the solenoid that controls your Exhaust Divert Valve clean.

Your EDV is the very heart of your TM. Do not over look the maintenance it needs. I have heard way too many nightmare tales due to neglect.

Check it once a month if you live in wet areas and every other month in dry ones.

On newer units the solenoid is housed in a black plastic box mounted under the box on the main chassis, so less of a concern.

If it gets dirty or rusty it can stick in the diverted position after shutting off the unit. Driving with it diverted will cause variable damage to your HX system.

The solenoid can be found if you follow the vacuum hose that comes out of the black "can" connected to the EDV. Take the filter off the top of the solenoid(it looks like a hex nut with a wire screen in the center) and soak it in WD40) for an hour..

You can thank me later.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
He is right I can write you a book about that POS

Get yourself an extra breathing stone and swap it out once a month and soak and clean the other one and have it ready for the next change..

Mine was clogged up so bad that it could not be cleaned.. Cooked the therm oil and almost took out the HX..

Also take off the stupid oil cup and replace it with a greese fitting and pump it full of high temp greese..

I also painted the stick with high temp red paint so I can see it clearly from a distance

th_100_2655.jpg
(click on picture)

R

R W

Jeez....what a PITA!! My Genny diverter doesn't need any maintainence, other than replacement when the flap breaks. When broke, it stays in the diverted position....

Greenie

I hate those stupid breathing stones, same thing on an RX20, you would think there would be somethign better.

Anything that can take burnt diesel exhaust all day is sure to have an issue eventually.

G

I can't believe that you guys aren't buying new ones from McMaster Carr. Why clean them?

Chad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom