Volume discounts

Name
Jeff T
Anyone give discounts on really big jobs?
I’ve been asked to quote on 43,000 sqft.
I’ve done lots of work for this group, and never been questioned on my price.
When I add up the numbers, it seems rediculously expensive.
And if you do volume discount, what amount/percent?
I want to continue doing business with them, but am afraid that they are going to hold me to the discount pricing in the future.
Advice?
Jeff @ SCC

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If you are discounting can you put them on a contracted maintainance schedule?

You might make less per initial clean but more overall on easier well maintained carpets

Name
Matt Ross
I hate those decisions. I've had a couple of those lately. I usually give a small volume discount. Nothing too extreme but there is no doubt that im faster on larger areas, so I'm happy to make a fair profit.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I remember on sfs fb, one guy said that when you get large account like that, you wanna focus on the hourly rather square footage pricing..

How many sqft can ya do per hour?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
They already have an idea what your sqft pricing is. Go ahead and give them the estimate at the regular rate. If the job goes smoothly you can discount the invoice.

F

FB7777

Are they currently aware of your pricing ?

I know I would price lower psf for 43000 sq ft vs 4000 sq ft

Set up , drive time and other time saving efficiency would easily make it equally profitable at a he lower rate

If they are looking for the discount moving forward explain why you are able to give the volume discount .

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had a meathead ask me for a Law enforcement discount yesterday. This guy was a federal Forestry service officer, covered in tattoos. I replied I only give discounts to widows and orphans. It just rubbed me wrong. When I discount, it's my back breaking labor that i'm discounting. Call someone else if you want cheap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom