Very strange Porcelain issue..

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I have been using an acid rinsefor tile and grout for a few years. Did it by accident one day by leaving the the chemical injection on from the previous carpet cleaning job. I noticed how my shoes were squeaking as I cleaned. Realizing why, I saw the benefit. Now I regret when I do not use the acid rinse.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Our Tsunami is actually coming in at 12.77 ph. We were anticipating possible variables in the field with water variables. We are going to update our SDS sheets and the label. We are going to list it at 12.5 to 13 pH. Just wanted to share so you have some more information to work with. I believe the other product is listed as 12.3 pH on their label. I do not recall if it is the same on the SDS though

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I called the client today to ask more about her floor cleaning routine. She used Vinegar and water and once in a while the house cleaner would use bleach and water. No water softener.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have heard reports of bleach effecting the factory glaze on porcelain tile. I have no first-hand information on this.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I have heard reports of bleach effecting the factory glaze on porcelain tile. I have no first-hand information on this.

well I don't know why the acid rinse would have corrected it in this case but they're such a mild acid and no fizzing going on that I have a hard time believing it was grout haze that some others were suggesting

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Some of the high alkaline dried on surface, noticed on higher parts of tile that dried first

Happens often on fridges that blow hot air out on bottom

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
was your brew possibly mixed a little too strong?

Im no tile expert but I've seen similar blotchiness on walls where we've been doing a houseclean and the girls have mixed too strong

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom