Venting a portable

Frank P.

Should you exhaust your portable outside with vac hose so the humidity and possible urine odors will go outside? DO most portables have a hose connection to do just that? I do remember on a few winter jobs in the past with a TM we fogged a few windows too.

Frank P.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would vent to the outside when using dry cleaning solvents with my U.S. Products Ultimate. It was the only only portable I owned that had a vent hose. I also used this for some bad odor jobs.

Venting humidity to the outside might be helpful on larger jobs, but I doubt it would make a great difference. Never tried it.

Scott Warrington

G

Don't leave your portable in the van in the winter. Your inside windows will have frost on them...

G

Don't worry

Keep at it, and things will happen. I started with a portable in my Chevy Cavalier. It is you and people, not your machine. Might Mike may disagree, but he already has the customers.

scotleslie

On the rare occasion I need to use my portable, I always vent it outside. I find it does make a difference, particularly when dealing with pet stains- the odor and humidity is significantly reduced, particularly in the summer months.

Scot

Frank P.

Venting Portie

I found out the Eclipse does not have a cuff you can slip a hose on to vent outside, however you could rig up something to adapt one. I'll have to wait until it gets here to see for sure. I'm hoping things will be different for us than the regular start up. We already have about 2000 customers from my duct cleaning business. They know us and like us already. I may buy a TM someday. All my experience in the past has been TM's.

Frank P.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think by running the extra hose connected to the exhaust side of the vac motors will tax them by forcing the air out.Slowing the airflow dramatically.

I've seen some who have parked their extractor outside and just run hoses into the house.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When we used to do more dry cleaning of upholstery, I noticed the same thing Jimmy mentioned. When we had to put on the exhaust hose, we'd get less vacuum.

Its a trade off, as getting the humidity outside helps drying, but it seems you do get less vacuum.

If weather permits, putting the unit outside is the best bet.

Greenie

that exhaust hose is screaming out for 25' of jimmy's windtrax 2" carwash hose, the 2" helps with back pressure.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I had forgotten that we had less problem with those 20A's that had a 2" exhaust hose than the Kleenrites with the 1.5" hose.

Dementia setting in at 47.........or maybe too many decades of solvent exposure.

Quote for the day: "Women are irritated by what men forget, men are irritated by what women remember"

Name
Lee Stockwell
We vent for noise suppression when working inside the Medical Arts building. Often to a closet, or thru a muffler made for the task.

You can also vent thru a toilet, but that's not my favorite for obvious reasons. That was a Murray Cremer trick for "dry" cleaning fumes.

Thanks,
Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom