Vehicle wrap ideas

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm probably gonna wrap this box truck. The paint is looking rough and the cost to paint and letter is more than wrapping it

I'd like to bring some ideas to my local designer, so could y'all show off your wrap on here?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was at the same spot with each of the last (3) box trucks. The thing I looked at is those with vinyl have been lasting 3-4 years for us. The paint trucks 10-15 years. So I painted them and added the vinyl.

Maybe its our weather, we get brutal heat 95° today bitter cold in the winter. ????

Last edited by a moderator:

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
Here's a couple ideas for inspiration =)

19029769_1744172555597201_8790890374013810229_n.jpg
upload_2017-7-12_16-57-50.png
upload_2017-7-12_16-58-48.png
19756805_10155267853835240_343249559439891604_n.jpg
scotts-truck.jpg

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
No worries Matt! Many of our customers go with the wrap shop first to see what they come up with too. If they come up with something great, then all is good.. and if not, well.. that's why we are here =)

Just look at their past work and ask them if they have the same designer doing examples you like from their portfolio that will be working on your design. Many times they outsource the design work and a particular example from their portfolio may not have been designed by them. Also if you want to check a few more shops in your area here are 2 sites you can find certified shops with below.

Hope this helps!

PDAA Certified Installer Search
http://apps.sgia.org/pdaa/installerSearch.cfm

3M Certified Installer Search
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...w_wMDDydnSwdPVw8DU28zfWDU_PiQ4P1C7IdFQF5hufq/

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I know what Ryan charges..

You better be pulling a Nike Swoosh out of your tight a$$ there country boy
I just have a tight budget. I've got to add a side door, wrap it, buy either a fuel tap or add another fuel cell underneath, paint the inside walls, and seal the floor.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I feel your pain. This Promaster build is killing me. Everyone is all, "Just put the 870 in it". "You're so slow". Bla bla bla. I say shut the hell up you little spoiled rich bastards.
I think you're gonna win the race I tried to start

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
Thanks Mike and Damon! I appreciate you guys!

I know how it is Matt, take your time, you know where to find me if you need me =)

I'm happy to look over your initial proofs from the wrap company for you and give suggestions if you'd like. A wrap is a big investment and an important one for your company, the most important thing is that you don't pay thousands of dollars for something that doesn't bring in jobs and strengthen your brand.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Paint and letter costs less than a wrap? Is there major bodywork involved? (Wrap won't hide that, and won't stick to peeling paint.)

If you just want a wrap, fine. Otherwise you might want to make a few more calls to check pricing. In Seattle I can have a truck painted and lettered for less than half the cost of a wrap.

Just looking out for the broke guy.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks Bryan. Actually, it's about the same price.
$1000 to paint, $1300 to letter. And a hair over $2300 to wrap the box.

Reactions: The Great Oz

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Thanks Bryan. Actually, it's about the same price.
$1000 to paint, $1300 to letter. And a hair over $2300 to wrap the box.
Your wrap price is about $800 less than we can get one here, so that's good. It costs about $800 to letter our trucks, but that may be due to using the same shop and same lettering for ten years. We've decided to update our look this year, so I may be in for a little sticker shock.

Also, we have paint shops operated by Russians and Eastern Europeans. Maaco style paint jobs for $400.

(Maaco was famous for painting chrome and turn signals - mask them yourself if you don't want them body colored)

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
350 for design
He is very affordable. The $350 price is well deserved, considering the amount of time he spends on these. I wish I was more daring in opening my wallet for him to do it. I'm just very hesitant, due to all the other expenses I'm gonna put in this truck to get it ready.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
He is very affordable. The $350 price is well deserved, considering the amount of time he spends on these. I wish I was more daring in opening my wallet for him to do it. I'm just very hesitant, due to all the other expenses I'm gonna put in this truck to get it ready.
Just do it you tight ass. It will be worth it. Much better than having bubba do it from his office in the tire shop.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom