VACUUMS ONLY CLEANING ON THE BACKSTROKE?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I did my research before I bought a large commercial vacuum.
I wanted something aggressive and be able to go lawn mower style .
Meaning be able to push it forward long distances before pulling it back to do another row.The problem with most of the commercial vacs is that you must do your back and forth "W" pattern which is highly inefficient in my opinion.

And I chose a Hoover 18 inch Conquest for that reason.
The ads state that it vacuums in the forward motion as well as the backward pull.So you can just vacuum by pushing it forward.

Greenie

They say.....
If the brush roll is pulling the unit forward it isn't going to clean nearly as well as the brush going the other way and pile lifting.

G

When I vac Jimmy.. I LOOK & LISTEN..

Look to see that things are being vac'd up.. and also.. and probably more importantly.. esp with my backpac vac.. listening to what is coming.. 'if anything' sometimes.

The noise to me tells the better side of the story.

Prevac'ing is overrated on many jobs. I dont like to say that.. but it's true.

esp when soil gets down into the fibers.. and loops of berbers. put about 10 coins in your open palm. Close your fingers. turn your hand over like a fist.. going to hit someone.
loosen your fingers.. shake your hand.. try to vac them out even with your tm hose.. they ain't coming out. Thats my example of soils down in the loops..

you can water it down.. dilute it if you will.. and vac it out easier.. but with the possibliity of wicking.. as we know berbers love to do.

I often. on long commercial runs.. push for a long while.. and then pull back for a long run.. to make efficient timing.
Lets face it.. we can't set there all day.. and us HWE'ers.. have tons of advantages over any VLMer.. from the get go.

Vacuuming, both pre and post.. are paramount for their results.
and as much post as pre. unfortunately.

we're getting those cfms and life.. so get the majority.. the clunks and visual debris out.. in a quicker fashion.. and yes.. in longer runs.. not the traditional W motions.. which are slow and cumbersome.

If you dont HEAR anything.. move out troop.. save the time for FLUSHING and agitation.. where real cleaning takes place.

Just my 2 dollars worth.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Jimmy Ladwig! said:
The ads state that...

you're kidding again, right? :shock:

you buy the dusty cup model like me? can't wait to get my Lindhaus back from repairshop. supposedly has 5000rpm (least that's what the ad stated), wonder what the Conquest is at?

thanx --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Deep down inside Derek I believe everything I read ...wink...wink :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom