Vacuuming stairs

Grant D

What are you guys using to vac stairs? I usually use my royal 1028z with the handle up, does a good job but a bit hard on the body. The little air driven upholstery tools that come with most vacs these days don't seem to do a very good job to me. Do any of the hand-held units approach upright performance for stairs?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
hoover mach six with the hand tool. Most important place to prevac. I understand that your using a detail tool to clean vs a wand but for soil reoval you need a good prevac and a scrub with a hand scrub brush

okccarpetman

hopefully you understand that the brush and scrubbing IS THE MOST important part of cleaning stairs!! when i started i only used dry foam, no water extraction. the stairs still get done that way, we scrubb with chems let dry in (10 mins )then vac again! this way the stairs never get walked on wet, in my opinion its way better, and IT stays cleaner longer.
try it 1 time you will like it too! no water just dry foam, look now ,then look next time you do the same set of stairs, if they didnt stay cleaner then before with the water extraction

james

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Mikey gets an extra $6 a step if the customer vacs because he knows they will screw it up

GRHeacock

The air turbine tool really does a good job- I say keep using it.

The other option I used was a hand held, electric Dirt Devil- which is made for this purpose.

The same reasoning to give the steps a good dry vacuuming applies to the carpets or rugs, or upholstery. The more thorough the vacuuming dry, the less wet cleaning effort is needed.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom