VacAway Stainshield

Fletch

Looks like Steve has released his awaited product.

It has a nice test video as to the protective value of the protector/cleaner.

I was curious if anyone here took part in the testing. I was wondering:

1). Does is really clean well. (MSDS gives no chemical cleaning agent name).

2). What does one extract with... water? (The Tech Sheet does not state whether you extract with anything, or just suck up the excess).

http://www.vacaway.com/vaKleenShield/

Greenie

Steve has HWE emulsifiers, I would guess you could extract with just about anything you normally use, the Prespray jsut has added Acid Dye blockers in it, very cool.

I did notice he demoed with Greige Goods, I wonder how it would show on a Nylon with in-tact factory protection still in place?

Seems like a good bonnet/pad Prespray for the guy who has difficulty selling Protection applied after, I could see getting an extra nickle a foot after the 60 sec. demo.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Greenie must study how to conversate better, as I could not udderstand hims.

SteveSmith

1). Does is really clean well. (MSDS gives no chemical cleaning agent name).

2). What does one extract with... water? (The Tech Sheet does not state whether you extract with anything, or just suck up the excess).

Yes, it cleans very well even though it has a low pH. Even if it isn't given the recommended dwell time of 10 - 15 minutes, it will clean nearly as well as our Popular Hot Knife and Encap-GREEN. All ingredients, required by law, are on the MSDS. For competitive reasons, we have no intention of giving out any more chemical information than required. There are absolutely no harmful chemicals involved.

When using HWE, extract with plain water or a good quality acid rinse such as VacAway Rinse-N-Stop. We have now added that information to the Product Technical Bulletin and the label... Fletch, thanks for pointing out that the info was originally missing!
I did notice he demoed with Greige Goods, I wonder how it would show on a Nylon with in-tact factory protection still in place?

Seems like a good bonnet/pad Prespray for the guy who has difficulty selling Protection applied after, I could see getting an extra nickle a foot after the 60 sec. demo.

Nylon Greige goods is, by far, the most difficult nylon to clean and the easiest to stain. The demo would take much, much longer to perform on a carpet that already has most of it's dye sites filled plus color added... In fact if the factory Stain Resistance was still in place, the demo would be useless as it would not stain from the red punch. That is why we used the Greige goods and also why we are including some with each case order... Using Greige goods for the demo will make it easy to see how it rejects an acid-dye, even when still wet. It makes it an easy sale to your customers.

Greenie, it not only makes a good bonnet/pad prespray, but is also an excellent HWE prespray as well. The HWE testing was done by a 30 year HWE guy that also has a rug cleaning plant and tested it on wool as well. Yes, adding a nickel per SF should be easy, but I would think 8 to 12 cents SF would still be a great value for consumers.

Thanks,

Steve Smith

Fletch

All ingredients, required by law, are on the MSDS. For competitive reasons, we have no intention of giving out any more chemical information than required.

I fully understand, but I was referring to the lack of any surfactant/solvent/detergent being listed. I was just curious whether one could merely smear protector around and call that emulsification "cleaning."

I did find my answer when I viewed the label online. It listed cleaning agents. My oversight! No bashing intended here, I have been very pleased with Steve's products!

Steve,

How dirty of a carpet would you tackle with this before recommending going with a thorough cleaning with typical follow-on protector like a Rhino application? (What I am asking is, light, medium, or even heavy soiling?)

SteveSmith

How dirty of a carpet would you tackle with this before recommending going with a thorough cleaning with typical follow-on protector like a Rhino application? (What I am asking is, light, medium, or even heavy soiling?)

It's no light weight in the cleaning department, and even heavily soiled nylon can benefit greatly by using this product as your prespray. With that said, most people that have allowed their carpets to become extremely soiled are not usually interested in spending more money to rejuvenate it's stain resistance anyway.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
SteveSmith said:
It's no light weight in the cleaning department, and even heavily soiled nylon can benefit greatly by using this product as your prespray. With that said, most people that have allowed their carpets to become extremely soiled are not usually interested in spending more money to rejuvenate it's stain resistance anyway.

More hard cold truth from Professor Smith! Steve, you should post more often!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I agree but if a guy ws looking to make it his primary prespray how would it do on rat nasties.

I am a guy who would make it an added benefit to using me

SteveSmith

Re: VacAway KLEENSHIELD

It works well on the nasties, but I would not make it my primary prespray... I would only use it if I was going to be paid extra for it. Using KleenShield should be a premium service and you should be paid accordingly.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I appreciate the input on how to run MY business but I really just wanted to know if it would work as well as the other presprays I have tried.

On almost every job I average a gallon of mixed prespray. Currently that is about $.96 with kleenshield it would be $4.00. My average currently is $167. I could spare the $3 for the added benefit of my customers bragging to their friends. If it didn't work out oh well I am out $3 a job for a while

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Sounds a little like the old DuPont Masterseries program that had some acid dye blockers in the cleaning chemicals as the first step and then the acid dye blocker after spray second step.

Fletch

I ordered a case to see how it does. It will be a week or two, but I will post my results. I would like to see other peoples results too.

I would think that OP would be a better platform for this, but I will use HWE.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ok ... I got a gallon of this stuff early in the week. I tested it on a 20 year old, high cut pile nylon. Fairly heavy soil. It cleans pretty darn good. I only had to use Hel-Gel twice on some really heavy black spots of unknown origin.

I can't say how well it protects, of course. Only time will tell.

Ernie G

Marty, how much extra did you charge to cover the cost of the product and the extra value of the protection.

Fletch

I tried it out on a small room/light soiling/ and was pleased with the ease of cleaning. The scent remained even though I flushed with an acid rinse. (Strawberry scent, not heavy chemical).

The jury is still out as to how well it protects on resoils. It did better than I thought it would, and seems to have potential. I can see this being a great add-on/ time-saver.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Steve, I get most of your products local from Brian @ Cleaners Warehouse. I just wanted to say thanks for making some great products

Cleaned a restuarant the other night with Hot Knife as a pre scrub before hwe rinse. I put the bonnets in a bucket of 8oz per gallon Hot Knife. Lightly wrung out one bonnet and tossed it on the carpet. The grease started to disappear from the carpet before I started to scrub it.

Back
Top Bottom