Using a 175 for encapping

Mikey P

Administrator
or shampooing

I can't imagine using an onboard tank so spraying is a must if it's all about speed and efficiency.

So what, spray 100 to 200 ft at a time?

WIth what sprayer system?

and when you need to hover and grind do you keep a quart sprayer at your hip for extra lubing?

and what pad or bonnet is king?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I did my local 5500 air traffic control two times same space. Once with a 175 and once with a vibe!

Both times took 5 hours.

The vibe was 10x easier then a swing machine

Reactions: Trip Moses

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mike you NEED a shampoo tank if you're gonna run a rotary. Trust me on this... Your results will be much better shower-feeding from a solution tank. Why? Solution control! You simply can't get perfect control of the solution when spraying the encap solution ahead of scrubbing. Some of the juice will begin to penetrate down the fiber before you hit it with your machine. By comparison, when you dispense the juice through a FiberPlus™ pad you'll have total control as you EVENLY coat the fiber with the encap solution. You'll achieve much more even coverage. On the fly you can quickly adjust your flow. You're able to squeeze a little more juice or back off as the need arises. So you can regulate the exact amount of solution you want to apply. Being able to be precise with the solution allows you to clean more efficiently. Your results will be more consistent and the finished appearance will be far better than if you pre-sprayed it.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
One more issue with pre-spraying the encap solution is that the pad will act like a bonnet. The soil will be absorbed into the pad. And the pad will quickly become filthy. By comparison, when you shower-feed, the pad is continually being rinsed so it won't load up with soil.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike you NEED a shampoo tank if you're gonna run a rotary. Trust me on this... Your results will be much better shower-feeding from a solution tank. Why? Solution control! You simply can't get perfect control of the solution when spraying the encap solution ahead of scrubbing. Some of the juice will begin to penetrate down the fiber before you hit it with your machine. By comparison, when you dispense the juice through a FiberPlus™ pad you'll have total control as you EVENLY coat the fiber with the encap solution. You'll achieve much more even coverage. On the fly you can quickly adjust your flow. You're able to squeeze a little more juice or back off as the need arises. So you can regulate the exact amount of solution you want to apply. Being able to be precise with the solution allows you to clean more efficiently. Your results will be more consistent and the finished appearance will be far better than if you pre-sprayed it.

Rick when I used Champagne pads on my community center glue down it felt like I was getting more SF per gallon coverage than when I use the more agressive brown pads

Do you find this to be the case?

But the browns last four to five times longer.

where's my Pee Chee folder........

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
One more issue with pre-spraying the encap solution is that the pad will act like a bonnet. The soil will be absorbed into the pad. And the pad will quickly become filthy. By comparison, when you shower-feed, the pad is continually being rinsed so it won't load up with soil.
That seems to be contradiction. Why would soil removal with the pad be a negative?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
That seems to be contradiction. Why would soil removal with the pad be a negative?

It's not a negative at all, as long as you're prepared to remove the pad from the machine and go rinse it out (or replace it) every few hundred square feet. This doesn't seem like a practical move on a large commercial job.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
It's not a negative at all, as long as you're prepared to remove the pad from the machine and go rinse it out (or replace it) every few hundred square feet. This doesn't seem like a practical move on a large commercial job.
Soil removal seems practical to me. You are in the pad selling business aren’t you?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Soil removal seems practical to me. You are in the pad selling business aren’t you?
It's the difference between encapping and bonnet cleaning. Encapping you are just scrubbing and letting the solution absorb the soil. Bonnet cleaning you are absorbing the soil with bonnet which you have to flip or change more frequently.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Yes, I do sell pads. But at the core, I am a carpet cleaner first. My initial experience in this business comes from spending countless hours cleaning millions of square feet of commercial carpet. So my advice is given with the thought of cleaning carpet as efficiently and as profitably as possible.

Reactions: Matt Middleton

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Yes, I do sell pads. But at the core, I am a carpet cleaner first. My initial experience in this business comes from spending countless hours cleaning millions of square feet of commercial carpet. So my advice is given with the thought of cleaning carpet as efficiently and as profitably as possible.
I don’t disagree you and thanks for sticking with me on this. I guess “my technique” for commercial carpet is bonnet cleaning with an encap solution using a Vibe. 2-4000 sqft. I view shower feeding as overwetting. That’s where I’m coming from.

steve_64

I use a tank. Just don't pull the trigger near the wall. Tough spots I heel in several directions.

I use an assortment of pads bonnets and products.

My new favorite is cotton bonnets and vinegar.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Using a 300 rpm rotary and a 5 gallon sprayer with a 100 psi
One hand it across a banquet room

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I don’t think a rotary is that bad. Once you get it balanced, it just sort of floats around with a bit of guidance. Maybe I’m just better. I like how you can dance with it and not play kick the cord on the backstroke.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You got it!

And it does remove some dirt!

Not like a grind it in cimex!

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I remove lots of dirt with my 400 rpm rotary

Screenshot_20190918-143535_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts