Upholstery cleaning overspray protection

safeclean

When cleaning a customers upholstery what do you guys use to protect the floor from over spray at the moment I use a plastic tarp would a cloth drop sheet be better as to absorb the over spray.

Craig

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Furniture moving blankets are what I used most often. You can also get disposable drop cloths with one side plastic but the other side some absorbent material. Use with the plastic side down. These did a better job and were lighter weight than the moving blanket. I just did not buy them all the time since I already had the moving blankets.

Scott Warrington

Chads

Supportive Member
I try to just clean the furniture first then clean the carpet. this stratgey doesnt work every time though i love to clean furiture outside on the concrete where i can have plenty of space. just all depends on the situation what kind of help you have and what type of upholstery your doing.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I have to put something down I use the painter drop cloths.....

Most the time I will do it right over the carpet and then clean the carpet when I am done ( with the clients permission)........

You would be surprised how many times you will get called back to book the rest of the home.....

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I'm with Richard. I've used everything and the vinyl backed sofa blankets are the best.
I have cleaned 50-60 office chairs on them and it does not wet through.
Machine wash once they get soiled although you need a pretty good size washer to get them real clean.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom