Upgrading my prochem blazer xl heat

WillH

Name
Capital region carpet cleaning
Hi my name is William and I am new to this board. I'm am also new to the cleaning business. I purchased a 2003 prochem blazer xl and I would like to get more heat. I read In one of the posts that you could add a 3rd exchanger to the machine. I was wondering if anyone has any information on this. Was hopeing someone could help me or point me in the right direction about doing this. Thank you

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome William!

I've never heard of being able to add an additional exchanger, are you sure you didn't read about adding a propane heater?

HydroDude

Name
JB
I added an a Blue Barron heat exchanger to my Whitemagic... it replaces the primary heater ,but i don't see any reason why you couldn't extend you exhaust and add one .
20160918_141348.jpg

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Anything is possible with enough space, money, and injinuity. If you really wanted to do that talk with your local service guy. No disrespect but as a rookie you don't want to make a boner right away. Have it done right and tinker with things later when you have more experience.
I used a peak a couple years ago for a month and melted 3 hoses. I forget the order of quality in prochem a line but I would have a hard time believing you "need" more heat from your unit.
Have you tried descaling your lines?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a Blazer xl and had to change the temperature relief valve in the water box and the temperature by-pass. Now I get very good heat. The problem is if you are using a large flow wand and are on it continuously, you will run out of heat. Probably a 4-6 flow wand and start in the center of the room. Clean over to the wall and dry vac your way back to the center again, letting the machine heat some more water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom