Tour of a real rug plant

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had the opportunity to have a look at a top notch rug cleaning plant today. Stopped by to look at a couple of old trucks but too old for me. I've known the owner for quite a few years and he has always run a successful first class business. He took the time to show me his operation and he has everything rug fags dream about. Centrum wash tub and centrifuge, tumble duster and big flatbed duster. Poured wash floor with proper drains, large drying racks and every tool you can think of. Very impressive. I usually send rugs I don't want to do to him. He gave me lots of good advice about setting up a rug shop that made me think of Damon. He has over $500,000 of equipment, including the cost of installing and wiring and is doing well. He has been in the business a long time and has many established and repeat customers. But, he cautions, rug cleaning does not make as much money per hour as residential and commercial cleaning. His best advice if you want to set up a rug shop, is have a plan. Know what your costs are and where your customers are going to come from. The only way to make money is to be efficient. If you can't produce enough dollars per hour, you might be better off doing something else. A second truck and technician will cost less and probably produce more. In my business I try to be all things to every one. Not very efficient. I appreciate learning from people who have been there and done that.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'd rather not say as he is a rather private person. He really spent a lot of time with me and I can see he is proud of his operation and the standards he achieves. As far as I know, he is the only one here with literally, "all the toys".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom