TISE findings

Mikey P

Administrator
PVC Quarter round and baseboards... PXL_20240125_001948474.jpg PXL_20240125_002203382.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I use pvc for areas around water and exterior trim, especially trim close to grade

Mikey P

Administrator
We got to see many new resilient floor types and talk to countless vendors about our concerns as cleaners with regard to wear layers, seam sealing techniques which now include the absorbent click lock joints now being pre-sealed to eliminate liquid absorption, rubber inserts in the click lock groove to act as a gasket, as well as flexible epoxy grout being used in a simulated grout line. The grout idea is a horrible idea as it will give many cleaners the idea that they are cleaning porcelain, rather than vinyl and we can’t imagine where the 2 mil thick grout will be able to resist the 1000 psi that many cleaners will mistakenly hit it with.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Nice pics, good use of the color and composition.

You're a better photographer than you know.

Me? I'd have preferred the place before organized crime and greed built a place made to fleece the mathematically challenged of their money.

Give me the desert and the colors of the sunrise and setset out there any day.

Thanks for the updates on the stuff we'll be cleaning for a decade Mike.

Mikey P

Administrator
This event needs a discussion panel and or a booth that lets their side of the flooring industry hear from our side, as clearly, the satisfaction of a floor or surface is judged by its longevity, ease of maintenance and pleasing results, If any of the three are not achieved, the owner will always be looking for the next latest and greatest option, which unfortunately all too often, never deliver because of false promises and faulty design.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This event needs a discussion panel and or a booth that lets their side of the flooring industry hear from our side, as clearly, the satisfaction of a floor or surface is judged by its longevity, ease of maintenance and pleasing results, If any of the three are not achieved, the owner will always be looking for the next latest and greatest option, which unfortunately all too often, never deliver because of false promises and faulty design.

This has been attempted in the past, with varying success, when carpet was king.

Good things that came of it:

Hot water extraction, once considered an "evil" when it came to carpet cleaning, became elevated to the preferred method (I know that isn't universally a good thing in 2024 to some, but from what it once was, it is far better). Also, methods are now discussed, not brands. Prior to the efforts of the IICRC, "Bane Clene" and "Racine Industries-Host" was referred for cleaning, as examples.

As with anything else, there was a bit of politics and self-servingness that also got to be involved, but all in all, our industry benefited greatly from those efforts.

The same thing can be done with hard floor maintenance.

What every volunteer will face, however, is the pressure of prestige and money that the flooring industry has more of than the treasuries of Croesus.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I ended up walking away from the deal. We had an agreement for one price, then when I went to the dealer to get it, they jacked up the price 100% with repairs and registration bullshit. So I walked.
Too bad, there's always the right deal around the corner.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's a good show, just smaller and more hard surface as the years pass. I always tried to take a couple of coworkers to this show every three years. Not enough new stuff to do it every year.

I found that reps could be pretty candid when face to face, and would talk about the products they thought were problematic. We would also spread out and let reps know about their products that caused us grief and told them what we were going to start telling their buyers about those products.

The last one I attended we were focused on educating them about rayon (or the fake names their companies were using) and were pleasantly surprised to see that most were already purging it in favor of shiny polys and nylon. Even the Chinese were showing hand-knotted poly rugs to replace the cotton and rayon stuff.

PS: I have a sample book of a different brand of bendy stone from a few years ago, but no one at our shop thought it was cool as I did. They figured it would get broken before it ever needed cleaning. The reps wore stone neckties.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's a good show, just smaller and more hard surface as the years pass. I always tried to take a couple of coworkers to this show every three years. Not enough new stuff to do it every year.

I found that reps could be pretty candid when face to face, and would talk about the products they thought were problematic. We would also spread out and let reps know about their products that caused us grief and told them what we were going to start telling their buyers about those products.

The last one I attended we were focused on educating them about rayon (or the fake names their companies were using) and were pleasantly surprised to see that most were already purging it in favor of shiny polys and nylon. Even the Chinese were showing hand-knotted poly rugs to replace the cotton and rayon stuff.

PS: I have a sample book of a different brand of bendy stone from a few years ago, but no one at our shop thought it was cool as I did. They figured it would get broken before it ever needed cleaning. The reps wore stone neckties.

Perfectly said, thank you.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I ended up walking away from the deal. We had an agreement for one price, then when I went to the dealer to get it, they jacked up the price 100% with repairs and registration bullshit. So I walked.
I was looking forward to pics. My bike was a RK I made into a custom bagger. Beautiful bike. They are good foundations for a custom bike. Got tired of no windshield, so I moved up to a Streetglide special.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom