Tile, what psi?

Becker

Name
Becker
using a spinner tool, what psi do you clean tile at?

I talked to Les yesterday...
Man that guy is awesome.
I can only imagine how great his machines are.
Going to order a heater from him in the next few weeks.
The cool thing about him is he wants to be sure I'm set up with what I need.
The guy is legit!

So what PSI do you clean your tile at?

We don't have a ton of tile up with way as we have cooler climates. But I get a fair amount of requests with limited marketing.
More wood floors, and I offer RC for wood.. Nice paydays on a wood job.
However I'd rather do tile all day long at .75 to $1.00 a foot.

Also, what is your fav juice?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I usually tell the guys no higher than 950. Usually with about 850 and constant 200 plus degree water it cleans up great. I have not found a tile chem better than floor stripper (vct floor stripper) even the one at lowes works good. If it is bad or heavily soiled I will add a few scoops of oxyblaster in the Hydraforce with the stripper and let dwell for five to ten and quickly,lightly but effectively scrub the grout lines with a brush.

I was using 1100 psi and could only hold 190 degree water and also was blowing weak and or compromised grout chunks out.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oxyblaster and a scrubbing will let you get great results with under 1000.

Every blue moon you'll need to blast off coatings with 1200 to 1500.

Jimbo

I like about 750 or 800...just so I don't have to fix the inevitable loose grout line that will be blasted out a higher pressures...

I'm Still liking Oxyblaster with a little citrus solvent boost...and a clear rinse.

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey don...Just remember you have to upgrade the coil of the LG heater. Mine is only rated up to 600psi, but I heard there is a copper (?) one that goes up to 900 psi. An older 3ht heater is on craigslist down in kent for $250 and it works fine. New is nicer.

When I did tile I rolled at 800-1000 psi, all i had was a grout brush and some toxic shit. Agree on oxyblaster..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jimbo said:
I like about 750 or 800...just so I don't have to fix the inevitable loose grout line that will be blasted out a higher pressures...

I'm Still liking Oxyblaster with a little citrus solvent boost...and a clear rinse.

same......except I don't use oxyblaster.....

Becker

Name
Becker
The heater I'm getting is rated at 1500 psi.. but don't see using much more than 1000, maybe 1200, no reason to max it out.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Just make sure you don't go under 600, the spinner needs at least 600 to even spin as it use the pressure from the water to operate.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we do tile and grout on just about every single job, a bathroom, kitchen
or something..we use powermax from cobb and it cant be beat..trust me
i have tried tons of stuff..we mostly clean in the 850 psi area never ever going
over 1k psi..only need to scrub the edges and corners but every 10 th one or
so we will scrub the lines as needed..if you guys find yourself having to use massive
psi or scrubbing the lines a lot you need to order your self some powermax..go from
carpet to tile and back to carpet and never changer your solution at all..safe on
stainless if you over spray be mistake and has never hurt a wood floor yet and
as careful as we are you cant help misting things with over spray..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
A bit off subject but, how do you clean T & G at high PSI without blowing out the diaphragm in your last step chemical injection pump? It’s a real PIA to rebuild those things. I have started installing a ball valve behind the chemical pump.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You do exactly what you did, and install a ball valve. Even when you have it shut off at the machine control panel, I think sometimes there is still pulsation at the chem pump. Also helps if your control panel shut off isn't working properly you have a fail safe. If you use the proper chems to clean tile, you shouldn't have a need to use a rinse.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
800-2000 psi. Usually around 1000. Limit on KMA Parflex is 1750 psi.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
1100 psi unless it's stained then around 700 with a jet change. i prespray with bridgepoint breakaway. never had a problem with loose grout. never had a problem with my chem pump diaphragm and i don't have a shutoff valve. it gets replaced about ever 1000 hrs.

gene

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Becker,

I run at 1,000 psi. As far as product, I have been using Cobb's Powermax for a few years now. 4 ounces per gallon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom