thinking of switching wands

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was thinking of putting down the cheap 12 inch 2 jet 1.5 tube wand and switching to a 4 jet 2inch wand because I run 2 inch hose on the recoil. will this make a good differance?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
absolutely, I speak from experience as a former recoil owner.

Why Ed V. doesn't ship his product with 2" ports/wand is beyond me. I made everything 2" on it, and It really cut my drying times, and felt like I had a 36 blower.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
I was thinking of putting down the cheap 12 inch 2 jet 1.5 tube wand

actually, that's a very good cleaning wand at moderate psi (250 to 350).
It gets a bad rap around here cause it's not a "hi-tech" board de-jour wand that's in vogue.
Plus the fact that when a dude spends 6-7-$800+ on a wand, there's no way in hell they'll admit that their cheap wand cleaned just as well

before you drop large dollars on a new expensive wand, find one to demo first.
you may find that that 'cheap ole wand" does a damn good job of cleaning.

as far as dry times, do some side by sides on same room, the same day.
feel it right after cleaned, then feel it an hour latter.
You might be surprised to find you can't tell the difference between the two..an hour latter

..L.T.A.

John Alzubi

I got my GREENHORN 3 weeks ago and what a big difference between the1.5" and the 2". cleans much better and it dries way way better than my old 1.5" wand.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I would'nt on a portable no matter how it's plumbed, even on my 33 blower machine I still use the aw29 over a 14' wand I have. If your not glided on your wand stick a glide on it and watch your performance increase. Meat is right. :wink:

Name
Eric Valentine
If your aw29 wand has the main tube sticking into the head at all, you will have some really f---ed up airflow. Mine has this issue, but running a porty that has 100 cfm at best, it wasn't an issue (there was enough clearance for the airflow). Hook this same "crippled" wand to a TM (mine has a 36 blower), and while you will get more airflow, the tube sticking out into the wand head restricts airflow.

I recently got a 14" bentley wand, and it is a night/day difference. I see almost no difference in the lift at the machine. The needle in the gauge moves about 1/32 of an inch. Hooking the aw29 with a vac attack (2" to 1.5" adaptor), I see almost 1.5" more lift being wasted. Both wands have hole GreenGlides, and are about the same resistance to move on the carpet without the vacuum hose attached. Hook the hose up, and the aw29 doesn't get much harder to move, but the Bentley grabs the carpet. I can leave the carpet MUCH drier with the Bentley doing NO dry strokes than the aw29 with THREE dry strokes. This was with the aw29 at 250-275 psi, and the Bentley at 500 psi.

Would I use the 14" Bentley or a greenhorn on my porty? NO. I would however use them on a porty if it was an M5 or similar specs, or if I were using a 3 stage mytee vac booster for added CFM.

Short Version: If you have the water flow and vacuum to support a Greenhorn, 14" Bentley, Prohem TI, or similar wand: DO IT! If not, then a Greenhorn Lite, 12" Bentley, or other 2" tubed wand that is 12" wide is still a good idea. If you have a TM, and are running a 1.5" wand, GET A 2" WAND!!! I highly recommend the Greenhorn wand.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've been working with the AW29 a bit lately. The only complaint I have about it is heat loss from the jets being so far from the carpet.

Back
Top Bottom