The Dwell ONE ultimate mobile carpet and tile cleaning unit

Name
I'm Rick James
and how many have caught fire now?

nothing but problems.

I have no idea.. but people like buying things that look good and I know the dwell one is newer product.. but with feedback it makes it a better product.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have no idea.. but people like buying things that look good and I know the dwell one is newer product.. but with feedback it makes it a better product.

No need to get defensive. Brent is right. Arguing that it wouldn't sell better if it looked better is silly.

Someone coming into a property as an outside vendor understands that appearance means a lot, since those observing the work may be executives that will judge your professionalism with a five-second once over.

It may indeed be a great cleaning machine, but could have a surround that didn't hold heat, was easy to remove, maybe added utility, would jump sales and at little to cost. Four corners of rounded aluminum angle attached with stand-offs, so you could slide in four sides made of plastic or decorative "expanded metal" and a lid. At about $100 of cost this would still keep the rugged non-nonsense look and make the machine more presentable.

You're welcome.

Reactions: A.J.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Chemical injection? Can the 20 amp vacs be pigtails off? What size are the present vac motors?

Now before knickers get knotted, I am impressed with what I see in the parts that I can identify. My worry, living I a rainforest would be rain pissing all over it as I took it to jobsite. More later.

Bjorn

selling to institutions is one thing selling to carpet cleaners will be a whole new ball game.

sold one to Tony Wheelwrite of course he ordered the first one to his spects then sold 7 others to churches and other institutions
all I got from carpet cleaners is too expensive and where is the cup holder and a thousand other things.

I stopped making them not enough profit.

carpet-cleaning-1.jpg

Reactions: A.J. and KevinL

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
No need to get defensive. Brent is right. Arguing that it wouldn't sell better if it looked better is silly.
Someone coming into a property as an outside vendor understands that appearance means a lot, since those observing the work may be executives that will judge your professionalism with a five-second once over.
It may indeed be a great cleaning machine, but could have a surround that didn't hold heat, was easy to remove, maybe added utility, would jump sales and at little to cost. Four corners of rounded aluminum angle attached with stand-offs, so you could slide in four sides made of plastic or decorative "expanded metal" and a lid. At about $100 of cost this would still keep the rugged non-nonsense look and make the machine more presentable.
You're welcome.

I agree, executives want a cover. Operators love the openness. Cover is no problem and on the way. Getting standard measurements from wands, tools, pre-spray unit and bottles so cover can accommodate them. Cover is simple. Hard part is over... This machine makes me a lot of money with such little overhead it is laughable everyday. I can't wait till the auction winner gets the machine and uses it. Feedback is key. I hear it positively from my long standing clients everyday. So thankful.

Reactions: Mikey P

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
selling to institutions is one thing selling to carpet cleaners will be a whole new ball game.
sold one to Tony Wheelwrite of course he ordered the first one to his spects then sold 7 others to churches and other institutions
all I got from carpet cleaners is too expensive and where is the cup holder and a thousand other things.
But Bjorn, when your not making money with my machine you can take the vac cover off and wear it as viking face armour.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Trying again to get some answers- Or were you warned about me?

I'm trying to get a video with electric meter readings of every wire for you. Can we talk on the phone so I know exactly what to get you?

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Yeah, all those stupid hotels buying them...lol
I'm sure they are easier to work with than their previous portables.
If they didn't work, they wouldn't have bought more of them.

I'm trying to make them smart. The guys I train are selected. I don't do lazy or stupid. My guys have pride in workmanship. Very hard to find...

Reactions: Erik

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Something that doesn't look like you made it in your garage on a limited budget..
The escape is a beautiful looking machine.. but I am not a porty guy.
$4800 plus tax, you seriously think that is priced right for what you get? If so you must think John G machine is under priced.
You gonna ban me from this thread too Mike? If you ever wonder that's why I think what I think and seems dead on.

Opinions are fine. Assumptions are foolish. You have never used this machine. If this machine was like another machine I would not have made it. Faster set-up/break down time, more efficient, more power and operator error low

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Something that doesn't look like you made it in your garage on a limited budget..
The escape is a beautiful looking machine.. but I am not a porty guy.
$4800 plus tax, you seriously think that is priced right for what you get? If so you must think John G machine is under priced.
You gonna ban me from this thread too Mike? If you ever wonder that's why I think what I think and seems dead on.

Why? Because you want something that looks like it was made in China? This is American made like a muscle car. I get more business from
people who stop me and say, "wow! what does that thing do". People are not afraid anymore Caduceus, you shouldn't be either.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
To me your machine looks like a dolly with a pump and vac motors attached to it.. its harder to sell something when it looks like you can make it yourself. I would suggest working on the look of the machine to help sell it.

GO REDSKINS!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

Too pretty to take seriously. Get rid of that cover so we can see what's inside. :winky:

Name
Marcus
If you are gonna get a portable should have auto fill and auto dump
Should also have economical auto pump on truckmounts

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Why I'm interested: Today on the 40th, you get to see my garden growing..... (how much carpet do you think is there?)

045_zps0dfa7d80.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Marcus
Might as well buy a truckmount for 8-10k
1 truckmount with one operator can clean faster and better than 2-3 portables
Only reason I can see to use a portable and be cost effective is a high rise

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
While I hate using a portable (only because I love the power and convenience of a large truck mount) any real carpet cleaning company must have at least one if not multiple for certain situations such at high rise or security scenarios.

I will not stop from taking a job just because of a reach issue. We will wheel in a portable and go to town on the job.

I don't want my customers looking for another company because my pride( or stupidity however you want to see it) got in the way of biz.

Load the portable and get to work, yes it is more work and yes it is more time consuming but you can still achieve good results if you have a good system with good people doing the work.

So the whole just buy a truckmount argument is actually quite ignorant.

On the other side for those who just limit themselves or their techs to just portables are robbing themselves and their customers from the best possible service and timeframe of service rendered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom