The downside to boosting with peroxide..

Rex Tyus

I don't want to give the impression that I never do it or that I am against peroxide in a prespray or even a rinse for that matter.

I do have a concern that some formulations out there, be it tailgate chemistry or from the manufacturer, offer a false sense of CLEAN. There are times that the situation is such that the only way to get an acceptable appearance is to to oxidize it. More often than not however it is a lazy cheap way to short cut soil removal in my opinion.

I believe that to oxidize that which can come clean leaves dirt but removes the color of the dirt. Sooner or later it will have to be dealt with.

What say you?

Rex Tyus

I posted this as a seperate topic from Meats post because all though they are simular I did not want to detract from his original point and question.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Oxidizers are strong chems and should be used resposibly and with caution.

I'm most concerned that some newbie will get in trouble with it.
like douching down Ms Phiff's cotton sofa to brighten it up.
or BLEACHING her nylon carpet with the 40vol "spray'n go" method

many of the tips/advise given here are from "advanced" cleaners that know when, where and how.
I think many of them forget that "most" aren't in the same league as them and can get in trouble with some of the advise/tips given

..L.T.A.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I used a couple of ounces of 30 vol in the multi sprayer the other day to kind of get rid the that yellow type look on some medium blue cut pile nylon

worked wonders, Drew wanted to know what I did but I wouldn't tell him :twisted:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Oxidizers are especially fond of brass and aluminum.

Keeping that in mind, running them through your system is not a good idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom