The benefits of networking with restoration companies

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
What has been the experience for those of you that do mostly carpet cleaning.
I began to network with several restoration companies in the last quarter.

We just had a big rain and it has payed off.

We picked up 3 jobs from our regular marketing

1 company sent us 3 jobs today. 2 we did 1 was a turn of the century home the owner left the celler open and left we did not service 2 feet of water sent it to a sewer company

1 company sent us a job we went to inspect and extract only. They had instaled equipment and floated the carpet.

We had a large commercial job tonight that requires all 6 of our techs or we would have been able to pick up 4 more jobs.

We have 2 other leads to follow up on in the morning.

All this happen because I took the time to meet a few of my neighbors.

We are handling all the billing on all referrals.

Total we have 5 jobs going and unfortunalty had to pass on 4 others.
This was our first multi one day event the staff and techs did great. We met a month ago to plan out the use of our 3 trucks. It went pretty much as planned.

What have others learned from doing this sort of thing?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Congrats Tom that is awesome!
Next investment is a few more pieces of drying equipment and just add a few more every time you get a windfall like this. Dryiwnv equipment is one of the best investments you can make. Rent it out ten times and nothing but profit from there on.

Go getum!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think he said he was networking off already existing restoration companies?

Would they be terribly happy if he cut into their machine rental business?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes but he also described scenarios where they offered various services. When all hell breaks lose I don't think they would care.???

Plus depending on their arrangement it could actually be beneficial to the referring company depending on if it is a flat referral fee or commission off the total.

Actually what I took from Tom's post was that he would prefer you to shut the fook up......oh sorry that was not Tom, he's too classy say that..........but I'm not! :p

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've been adding equipment and getting ready for the next Armagedon any day now, I know it'll come, just like Illinois, we've been getting them at least once a year. I'm literally planning my strategies for when "disaster happens" how to get the work, w/ the right strategy it can work. I just need to keep stocking up on equip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom