Target Rate

Walt

I have a target rate per hour that I shoot for. If I'm not making it, I'll pick up the pace. If I'm too far ahead of it, I'll slow down a little.

But what do you do when you are way, way over it. Perhaps double or more the norm. I have a couple of (non haggling) regular customers like this. I've been putting a 10-15 discount on the bottom line based on volume - and still it's more profitable than an average job. Am I shooting myself in the foot? or being honest? What do you do?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Call it gravy & complete the job efficiently. It helps make up for the "I should have charged a lot more for this job" jobs. As long as the price was agreed upon prior to starting the job you've just left $ on the table but I'm sure the customer appreciates it...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This brings up a good questions. What is your actual cost per machine hour? I have been having the guys here go home and take out their calculators and figure out their true cost per hour. (Based on 5 hours of run time per day) Everyone is pretty shocked to see what their true cost are. I think I will spin this off to its own thread as well...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As long as you are not screwing the customer, you're ok.

Do great work for the good money.

Do great work for the ok money but don't over do the frills

Back
Top Bottom