Summers almost gone..

Credits
And summer almost here. Here's to a full belly!

Pretty Island btw. Ive always wanted to visit NZ. I have a friend living in Nelson currently.

Credits
what's that cut in the tree line running down the ridge, Dan?
from left to right in the pic, it's about the 1/3rd of the way over
looks awful straight compared to all the other erosion folds

natural or man made by power or pipe underground install?

uno??

.L.T.A.
the stupidity of local council.. bout 20yrs ago local developer was building a revolving restaurant on top of that hill (the foundations marked by pole on top) he was going to put a gondola in to access it (the line you noticed) the building at the bottom was the terminal (now his private house) got mired in local egos n redtape. I did his carpets few months back the council wants him to revisit and go ahead now, as he said that was 20yrs ago when he was in his 60's..

Credits
Those are some spectacular pictures Dan!! That is a very beautiful area!! Do you live in the Picton area or did you just go there for the scenery?

My parents visited New Zealand about 20 years ago and loved it there. It surely is on my bucket list of places to visit!!

....except for the whole driving on the wrong side of the road thing... :biggrin:

Credits
Those are some spectacular pictures Dan!! That is a very beautiful area!! Do you live in the Picton area or did you just go there for the scenery?

My parents visited New Zealand about 20 years ago and loved it there. It surely is on my bucket list of places to visit!!

....except for the whole driving on the wrong side of the road thing... :biggrin:
I live in Picton but I cover the Marlborough region for work.
The only drama I had driving in the USA was you can turn right on a redlight (you STOP on a red here) had some animated interchanges :shifty: :redface:
NZ Is very geographically diverse for such a small country, so the scenery changes rapidly which catches most visitors out.
It might only take 3hrs to drive from point A-B but allow extra for the photo shoots.
The North Island to the South Island is quite different too.

Credits
Hey Hack

The ferry ride from windy Welly to Picton is pretty special.

I knew a pest controller in Picton and a carpet cleaner in Nelson.

Can't think of their names.

Yeah beautiful part of the planet.

:icon_cool:
the ferry ride is amazing on a good day..
or it can make you wish you could die instead of enduring it if the Cook Strait is cutting up

Andy Mac would be longest running pest guy here outside of the franchises

Latest posts