Stressed out, burning out

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The work is piling up like cordwood, cheques coming in, 2 employees that drive me nuts, not for their work, but just for being workers. Work, quote,sell..... I'm just not finding the time to unwind and enjoy some of the fruits of my labours. How do YOU find the time to just kick back and let it all go for just a little while.:dejection:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
It took me a few years. I had to do two things.
#1 Get employees that were worthy of being trusted, train them to run the business while I was gone.
#2 Convince myself to trust those employees.

Then I could leave. No worries. Got to relax.

Step #2 was probably the hardest thing to do.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
How do YOU find the time to just kick back and let it all go for just a little while.

Short term fix...
Pick a day a couple of weeks from now and put a BIG "X" through that day on your calendar... You now have it off! Gives ya something to look forward to, other than Sundays...

Last time it(burn out) happened to me I bought a tm, time before that I bought a van...

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
It took me a few years. I had to do two things.
#1 Get employees that were worthy of being trusted, train them to run the business while I was gone.
#2 Convince myself to trust those employees.

Then I could leave. No worries. Got to relax.

Step #2 was probably the hardest thing to do.

Same for me!! There came a time where I had to quit being a control freak, trust my employees and leave. If I can't trust my employees, then they shouldn't be working for me. Empower them, and take a week off! You just have to do it!

Remember, it takes 3 days to unwind before you actually relax on your vacation! Plan accordingly.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Short term fix...
Pick a day a couple of weeks from now and put a BIG "X" through that day on your calendar... You now have it off! Gives ya something to look forward to, other than Sundays...

Last time it(burn out) happened to me I bought a tm, time before that I bought a van...

It's not easy while running a small business, but it's important to take time off. That's why I bought a condo on the beach up north. It helps gives me incentive plus it's cool as hell to have a place to unwind. Soon we will be dead. This is something I have come to accept even though I think I will live forever.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The bad news is it comes with the territory willy.
The good news it will tamper off at some point anyway.

I just suck it up this time of year and then put it in cruise control around August.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Unless you want to change your business model:
  1. Raise your prices.
  2. Just mark some days off. Not the X that was suggested (that can be written over) tear the appropriate pages out of the calender. Remember: Large big stroke means a longer vocation :winky:.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This is a tough one for me too, because, we (well maybe me) feel like we don't know if or when the rush for our business could end.

We know when winter rolls around, we could be sitting hoping for the phone to ring, so I try to accommodate everyone who calls....

But, we do have our kids moving into new homes (sold theirs in 4 days, bought another in 2 days, and our youngest just bought her first home)

So, I have had to tell people on those couple days, we are so sorry, we are just booked and not available, and how about if we take care of you late on the day before....

Or is there another day we can try to accommodate you....

It is still tough, and I am probably one of the worst at taking a day off.....

It is actually my 2 1/2 year old grandson that makes me slow down (so thankful)

I CANNOT say no to take me swinging PaPa....or lets go to the lake....

I am so thankful in so many ways....

I understand and hope for you Willy to be able to find a moment also for yourself to reflect :)

20150522_191049.jpeg

2015-05-22 19.03.43.jpg

2015-05-22 19.05.23.jpg

2015-05-24 09.07.28.jpg

2015-05-24 09.50.16.jpg

2015-05-24 09.07.25.jpg

And our newest Mr. Blue Addition (11 weeks old now)

Blake.jpg

Again....it is only Family that takes me by the hand and thankfully tells me "Mark....it's time to come back down to earth today...."

Bless them or I think I would be dead by now :)

2015-05-24 16.12.13.jpg

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Re-learn how to be profitable by yourself. And what Saiger said; beat the bushes for a couple of employees that jump way over the bar you set for them. On second thought, re-learn to be profitable by yourself..... and learn how to brew your own beer.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We try to ride it while its hot but balance that win not trying to kill anyone.

Its hard, you have people standing there with money in there hand, wanting you BUT it can be endless. Fear of the slow down keeps our nose to the grindstone but we realize life is not all about work and my employees need breaks too.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We try to ride it while its hot but balance that win not trying to kill anyone.

Its hard, you have people standing there with money in there hand, wanting you BUT it can be endless. Fear of the slow down keeps our nose to the grindstone but we realize life is not all about work and my employees need breaks too.

The hell with them, have plenty of time to rest when you're dead :shifty:

We are driving pretty hard right now, i planned on 3rd week in june to let people take vacation time or long weekend.
Gotta tap on brakes once in awhile or people start making mistakes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We worked all weekend, third time in a month. :errf:

Most of the guys until 10:00pm Friday a handful an hour later and then Saturday until 3:00pm and a few a couple hours later. We are back at it this AM (I bought breakfast for them) and would like to work no later than 3:00 today.

We already have a busy week ahead of us fire, air ducts, upholstery contract carpet cleaning, before all the storm work. Oh well, the 4th is a 3-day weekend! :biggrin:

Reactions: Art Kelley

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Its rough in the trenches Willy. Best of luck to you. Your a great cleaner!

Golden Boy

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Willy it's obvious that you're all blocked up............perhaps you need an enema.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom