BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I want to know everyone’s choice of treatment on removing odor and funk

6EDD305B-63B5-4B3C-A0A0-D25DAE566F4C.jpeg

Name
Swani
As I am sure you are well aware you have to remove the source. I have never done a job like this, so this just my 2 cents for conversation and learning purposes.

I would try and clean with a real concentrated level of citrus to try and clean and cut through the pet oils. I would then use the Legend Brand products that were mentioned or I would go with some Pro's Choice products. Pro's Choice make some excellent products for treating odors.
Screenshot_20231031_233615_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231031_233447_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231031_233359_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The two odorcides I have are CatAttach and Harvard's skunk odor removal.

So could I add peroxide to my initial treatment, dwell, rinse, then treat with the odorcide, dwell and rinse again?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yes! I hate em, but have done em when I was desperate and everyone called me for floors. Even though it’s polished, if it is, you can treat it like vct. I’m not saying you should, but I’d use a 175 with a tank. You get better coverage. Flood it like stripping a flooor. You can’t hurt it more than it already is.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
I'd clean it first...maybe with something on the acid side.......then flood it with quats

knowing that the animal smell permeates everything in that room so completely getting rid of it will be impossible

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'd clean it first...maybe with something on the acid side.......then flood it with quats

knowing that the animal smell permeates everything in that room so completely getting rid of it will be impossible
I know it'll be impossible and the homeowner knows it to. She's running some dog business out her home and this is in her basement. The room I was standing in was the other half of the basement which is a normal living area with a living room and bedroom. I'm thinking she's just wanting to get the smell under control. So they won't smell it in the living area

Is there a chance I could damage the surface of the polished concrete with etching it if I treat it with an acid rinse or an acid tile cleaner?

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’d strip it like VCT, rinse with a truckmount after vacuuming the slurry, then mop down Odorcide or a similar product.

That dog oil is going to be more like a wax, less like an oil, from time, pressure from foot traffic, and being cold on the floor. The smell is going to be in the pores of the concrete at this point so it could take two visits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom