Spring advertising campaign

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I run a smaller business and am very slow in the winter with mainly a few commercial accounts keepin me going.(Good thing I keep a full time job in addition to my carpet cleaning ) . Anyway last year in the middle of may my business went through the roof according to my standards and I suspect it will do the same this year. I have about 2 thousand custom made door tags that I will put out some time in late april or early may and will be handing out pleanty of business cards to businesses . what other things should I do to get business booming this summer and fall?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are you currently doing anything to stay in touch with your past customers?

The biggest mistake I have ever made in my business was allowing that resource to go untapped.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
admiralclean said:

The biggest mistake I have ever made in my business was allowing that resource to go untapped.
yes I routinely call back people customers for follow up

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
juniorc82 said:

You have customers that aren't people???? :shock:

You should be sending out a newsletter or something like that to your clients throughout the year, as well as reminder cards for yearly cleaning.
That will help you to retain the clients you already have as well as remind them that you're still around.

Funny how this is one industry where clients will phone and ask if I am still in busn.

Name
I'm Rick James
juniorc82 said:
admiralclean said:

I think what he was talking about is marketing to your previous customers. Once they get into your database, never let them go. Follow up calls are great but also mailers to them atleast 3 times a year. Dig your nails into them and dont let them find another cleaner cause customers forget sometimes who they called and forget/dont realize that their carpets need to be cleaned again. You can get a better return marketing to people that used you before and get their carpet cleaned. If you dont have a referral program set one up, make a cheerleader and have the customer get you work.

Good Luck

Chris A

Name
Chris
I do a newsletter 4x a year, more than that and the return seems to really drop off. You don't want to flood your customers with crap either.

Papa

This is the first time that I have ever posted a response so I hope I'm doing it right. I just want to say that if you want more business then you better know what your doing in the first place. Son, we have been scrubbing rugs for over 60 years and I'll tell you there is nothing that is going to get you more business than the the undeniable fact that you know what your doing and that you give a darn about cleaning. Thank you, Papa.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Good lord, another board alter ego comes out of the woodwork :roll:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Papa said:
This is the first time that I have ever posted a response so I hope I'm doing it right. I just want to say that if you want more business then you better know what your doing in the first place. Son, we have been scrubbing rugs for over 60 years and I'll tell you there is nothing that is going to get you more business than the the undeniable fact that you know what your doing and that you give a darn about cleaning. Thank you, Papa.
I Think you are 100% sir. Although I have not been cleaning since the stone age like you , my workmanship comes first . I am very close to earning my master cleaner certification and understand that having a vast amount of knowledge in this trade will keep me alive. I am however a humble man and always welcome the advice of others.

Back
Top Bottom