Spotter..?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I have been using citrus solve in a trigger sprayer for a spotter, but it keeps going up in price. Is there any other spotter out there that does as good job for traffic lanes but not as expensive?

Thanks

Rex Tyus

If I understand you correctly you are using a trigger sprayer to treat traffic areas with straight citrus solvent? Anything would be less expsensive than that. Might I suggest Judson's o2 in a pump up sprayer. I tend to HF everything so I can't really relate. maybe another spritzer will chime in.

Name
Bruce
I use Judsons 02 at the recomended delutions unless I come a cross a traffic area that needs a little more then dwell time and scrubbing, then I boost the 02 prespray with Judsons Modifier.

Rex Tyus

White Collar said:
Those are presprays right? Do you keep them in a trigger sprayer in case the traffic ln doesnt come up well?

You are starting to worry me dude. Clue us in on exactly what you are doing now, and we can give you better suggestions. I will start off saying that when I get through laying down the juice with my super soaker and the scrub and rinse don't get it to cut loose. There is no way in hell a spritz from a trigger sprayer is gonna make a difference.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
ha ha.. sorry. So all you need is a good prespray? You dont have a spotting agent that might be stronger than your prespray that you use? I clean it but if there is any traffic lane still there I hit it with citrus solve and maybe some flex. depends.
I dont like using flex all over the carpet if And citrus solve is to expensive to spray all over the carpet.. If can avoid it so I keep flex and citrus solve in trigger sprayers to spray it after if my 9 PH prespray didnt cut it.

Rex Tyus

No. Spotters are a good idea when needed. FOR SPOTTING. As in specialty, ink,fingernail polish, gum....traffic lanes don't need spotting they need to be cleaned. Just because a prespray has a "ph" of 9 doesn't mean it is a good one. I don't wish to insult your intelligence with overly simplistic advice but dude you don't spritz citra solve all over the traffic lane, if you need to do that something is wrong along the way.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I mix my about 6oz of my regular pre-spray and 2oz of citrisolve and the rest water in my 24oz trigger sprayer. I use that as a general spotter but not for traffic lanes. I'm with Rex I hose down those traffic lanes enough with a good pre-spray to get it clean the first time. In the rare case that it does need something a little more then it needs a good scrubbing not more chems.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
As far as carpet cleaning feel free to insult my intelligence. I ask alot of questions to learn.. It seems to have worked with the citrus solve. Although it takes alot more time..Although I dont have a prescrubber. I just use a rotovac. I would like to know where to get a good prescrubber and a good wand. but havent heard yet..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
WC, we want to help you out, so help us with these questions and maybe we can help you better.

what traffic ln pre-spray are you using now?
what RTU (ready to use) dilution rate are you mixing it at?
how much are you spraying down pr 100sf (appx)?
how much dwell time are you giving it?

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

As far as a good scrubber, on the cheap, until you can find a power scrubber of your liking. Go to Lowes or your favorite hardware store and get a stiff bristle quickie push broom. The grandi shit just don't cut it. It will amaze you how much better your traffic lanes come with some good agitation all though it be manual. I frequently get rentals with no electricity for power scrubbin. The quickie saves my ass.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Meat. I use bio break boosted with 40 vol for all around cleaning. I usually let it dwell for around 10-15 minutes..
I dillute it as it says to dillute it..and I spray til its pretty wet..lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is "Bio Break" a Bridgepoint product?
green powder??

if so, we've tried it and found it to be "OK" at best.
add another heaping scoop pr gal RTU for the bad ones.

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

meAt said:
is "Bio Break" a Bridgepoint product?
green powder??

if so, we've tried it and found it to be "OK" at best.
add another heaping scoop pr gal RTU for the bad ones.

..L.T.A.

Yes Bio Break is a Bridgepoint product. I agree it is an "ok" product. Not my first choice but ok. It has enzymes WC. I don't know if they are peroxide compatable or not. That could be part of the problem. Maybe Scott W will see this post and find out for us?

Rex Tyus

White Collar said:
You nailed it, bridgepoint green powder. Whats a better one?

Judson Juice for owner occupied, and many rental types. Powerburst for the nasties. If you really like enzymes try CTI's Prozyme. Spike it with a little bane booster and watch work.

Larry has a good enzyme and oxidixer in Powermaxx(spelling?) Many swear by it. I really liked it when I first tried it but am having some reservations now. More testing beforer a final decision.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
me and Rex are like twins, tonite

only I'm the better looking one :lol:

Powerburst is our "sledgehammer" now-a-days.
Power Break is good too
(a BP enxyme product)

I was wondering about the peroxide as a booster too.
I know vEEgs got ya'll on that 40vol kick, but are you sure it's compatible??

think I'll start thread about boosters

..L.T.A.

TimP

White Collar said:
As far as carpet cleaning feel free to insult my intelligence. I ask alot of questions to learn.. It seems to have worked with the citrus solve. Although it takes alot more time..Although I dont have a prescrubber. I just use a rotovac. I would like to know where to get a good prescrubber and a good wand. but havent heard yet..

Very good advice above. You need to try some different pre-conditioners and see what you like, I like judson O2 from judson labs and powermaxx from cobbcarpet. Make sure when you spray that you get the yarns coated with the detergent. If you don't then it can't work. I suggest spraying about 1 gallon over 200 ft. Your heavy traffic areas can use more volume of rtu detergent and that's what we call nuking. Boosting with peroxide you can get from sally beauty supply can help although I haven't gone that route myself, and if you have oils a citrus boost can help.

But if you want to knock out traffic lanes and don't mind spending some money get you a 175 rpm buffer and run a white pad or some soft brushes possibly medium but make sure you wear them in on some concrete before you put them on some rug. I've never used brushes but that's what I've read and others can help you with that.

Then I suggest you call up greenie at greenglides. And order yourself a greenhorn wand. They are like 700 bucks last I checked, you do have to pay for shipping but I can say you wont be sorry with this wand. They come standard with .10 flow, if you have a big tm and mega heat I suggest you go with .15 flow, it also comes with your choice of glide. The more flow the better.....means you can flush out the dirt better. And the way the greenhorn is set up you can run 600-700 psi and not over wet the carpet as long as you have a decent blower, 2-6 hour dry times with no fans. I also suggest a good emulsifier that doesn't leave a residue or at least softened water. Acid rinse is ok if the carpet is lightly soiled, I opt for end zone some times which is a acid based emulsifier. I plan on trying some masterblend soap free when I run out of point blue emulsifier myself.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
once you choose your prespray and get a good technic down you will learn to not boost. I use to think it was the difference but it isn't a good scrub is with a good prespray. There are a ton of great products out there so choose. I would suggest using what most of these guys list in best prespray rinse combos because they no what they are doing and you do not need to reinvent the wheel. Learn what they have learned without making the same mistakes.

I use Cobbs powermax right now before that it was JJ O2 and before that it was Ultrapak with a all fiber rinse. All top of the line.

I ran powermax with my JJ rinse the other day at my house and it was the bomb

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Awesome. Thanks everyone. Where do I get Powermax and JJ?
I completely understand about not trying to reinvent the wheel and thats why I'm so grateful for this site. I want to be a top of the line cleaner.
So thanks again.

tim

The above posts and cleaners are all good. Be careful overloading citrus solve, difficult to rinse out. I boost my ultrapac with a small amount of citrus. traffic lanes I apply a little heavier and give more aggitation and dwell time. If is in bad shape, I go to Extreme Clean boosted with Enzall. I like Powerburst but dont like to heat my prespray. Alot of great presprays out there. Find 2 or 3 at various PH and use on the appropriate jobs. Dont underestimate a good prespray, dwell time and aggitation. Spotters will be only used for the toughest of remaining spots. What a good prespray cant get out, Citrus Gel, Stain Magic, Fels Naptha and Red Relief will remove 99 percent of everything left.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have mixed bio break with boost all and it foams like a mad man in the hydroforce revolution but cleans well. bio break has citrus solve in it. if you read the label it will tell you that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom