Specific "for porcelain only" cleaner

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Does anyone use a product on tough to clean porcelain? Steve from GP mentioned one to me a couple of weeks ago, but lost my notes.

I am cleaning a new construction project now that has some very pourous porcelain. Several stains are looking better but not out. Tried scraping, scrubbing, steam. Who knows what is on the floor......

Thanks.

Name
Ron lippold
yea good luck with that you would have to live in the middle of the atlantic for that I will be cleaning at 6am my time. So i will be up at 3.30 am mt time

G

Have you tried an acid,you know most toilet bowl cleaners have some type or another,so you could try a toilet cleaner as well.Pretty much bullet proof,except for chipping.

Gary T

Do not use toilet bowl cleaner on anything but a friggen toilet bowl!!!!!! It WILL ETCH most tile, yes even some porcelains. There were pics posted here of etched porcelain because some guy decided that toilet bowl cleaner was good for the floor too, why not, they're both porcelain?

G

Gary T said:
Do not use toilet bowl cleaner on anything but a friggen toilet bowl!!!!!! It WILL ETCH most tile, yes even some porcelains. There were pics posted here of etched porcelain because some guy decided that toilet bowl cleaner was good for the floor too, why not, they're both porcelain?

Ok maybe I should of said to test first,but there is a lot of porcelains and ceramics that can easily take acid without etching them!!!!!!!!!! and the cleaner was a bad example of acid cleaning.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I won't be using toilet bowl cleaner for sure.

I wasn't looking for a general cleaner used on porcelain, but if their was a cleaner specifically made for porcelain. Really the only issues are expoxy grout haze. Besides a scraper, haven't been able to that off. Ill take some suggestions on that too. Acid don't work on expoxy by the way, I know that but tried it anyway because there is some sanded grout mixed in certain areas.

Bryan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom