"soap free" chems?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Is there an alternative product on the market to Procyon?

hogjowl

Idiot™
B91041A6-B1B4-4F7A-B47E-418847ED2523.png

I use Procyon

• Love
Reactions: SamIam and Mike J

Mikey P

Administrator
I find that I feel like a portable cleaner when I use those types of products, always second guessing myself if the results wouldn't have been better had I had more heat, vacuum, alkalinity or any of the other mysteries that come from not going all out with your professionalism.

Let me guess, a customer is requesting a safe/green/eco/vegan/no parfume/kosher/woke cleaning agent to be used to protect her pets, itchy kids or sick relative?
Ask if she has a laundry detergent that has passed muster and doesnt give the pet, kids or relative the hives, cause hair loss, coughing fits or runny stools, and use that as your pre spray and rinse with just water.

Last edited:

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
In the true sense of the word all carpet cleaning chemicals are "soap free." They are made up of surfactants and other detergents. There are cleaners out there that do not contain caustic ingredients though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I find that I feel like a portable cleaner when I use those types of products, always second guessing myself if the results wouldn't have been better had I had more heat, vacuum, alkalinity or any of the other mysteries that come from not going all out with your professionalism.

Let me guess, a customer is requesting a safe/green/eco/vegan/no parfume/kosher/woke cleaning agent to be used to protect her pets, itchy kids or sick relative?
Ask if she has a laundry dtergent that has passed muster and doesnt give the pet, kids or relative the hives, cause hair loss, coughing fits or runny stools, and use that as your pre spray and rinse with just water.
Just justify it the same way you do padding residential

Mikey P

Administrator
Just justify it the same way you do padding residential
(insider secret: many carpets, and I do mean MANY, can be CLEANED with JUST a MicroFiber bonnet and JUST water.

now THAT! is true green/eco/kosher/vegan/woke cleaning.

and yes, you nonunderstanding dolt, that pad will release a large amount of TRANSFERED soil when washed.

Reactions: Mike J
Name
jack zerkie
I love carpet details nothing better for large amount of blood removal. Never have to return a second time . I also use it on a first time job not knowing who did what prior. Makes my job easier. Today is my 42 year in cpt cleaning also just past 81 last week slowing down but still enjoying cleaning. jz

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Hey buddy, what are your main concerns? Most products today don't use soap. Are you looking for a Green product?
Procyon was "green" before that term existed. It was IAQ driven. Back in 2001 there was independent lab testing that showed the amount of voc's that were allowed. Across the board, Procyon was ND (Non Detectable). The main product that I am looking for is a spot and stain remover for the customer to have. I had people seek me out to get more. During my journey there was all kinds of spot and stain remover for promotional purposes, that I just refuse to give out.

So I am looking at options for the best spot and stain remover, after I leave the carpets as residue free as I can. And back in the day, Ivan would spray 3 or 5 squirts in his own mouth and ask if your product is as safe as his. This was over 20 years ago. Now it seems like every buytl based cleaner is "green". Kinda like "free range eggs".

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SamIam

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It has a very basic ingredient and it is very overpriced for what it is

Lamesalegend

Hey Mike J, Have always used products that don't leave a soil attracting residue. That's important to me. I don't care about Green so much as feel the biggest reason carpets get dirty is usually some sort of sticky residue. Most of the time most spots are from oils or sugary residues, But often times its from spot cleaning attempts using spotters that attract soil when left in the carpet. Worst offenders are Folex and Natures Miracle used by customers trying to clean up something themselves. If a carpet has spots that were cause by the homeowners spotting attempts a regular detergent like Dry Slurry or Formula 90 won't take out the spotter and you can bet the spot will reappear. Besides the different Encap products which do an excellent job of keeping carpets cleaner longer. Kleenrites PC3 ( now upgraded to PCGreen) is very much like Procyon. Its the best "soap free" cleaning rinse Ive found. Ive used most of them and they are all pretty close in performance. But PCGreen cleans a little better. My Main 2 solutions I run through the wand are either PCX or PCGreen. PCX is pretty much PCGreen with a little solvent that helps clean better if there is heavy grease or oil (polyesters and Olefins). PCX is the best powered cleaner you can run thru your Truckmount. But it doesn't flush as well as PCGreen. I use Pcgreen if the carpet needs to be flushed (urine or old detergents in carpet) all of these soapfree cleaners flush urine better than typical dry Slurry type cleaners. They don't flush urine as well as an acid presoak but they do help more than typical detergents. Basically if I my primary concern is removing as much soil as possible I use PCX. If my primary concern is removing any residues (old detergents or urine I use PCGreen. Try Kleenrites products if residue is a concern. All of there products are "free rinsing" and don't cause resoiling. There website is Kleen.com

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

Ask if she has a laundry dtergent that has passed muster and doesnt give the pet, kids or relative the hives, cause hair loss, coughing fits or runny stools, and use that as your pre spray and rinse with just water.
Yes, exactly

Name
Nate W.
Chemspec DFC 105, MasterBlend had Soap Free (but I think they may have dropped it), they do have a Anti-Allergen products..

I only have 1 customer who owns a vacation rental and will only stay in it 2 months out of the year, rented out the rest of the time.. The son is has some type of allergies to cleaning products.. The SDS put her at ease.. We use the DFC105 respray and rinse..

The shipping on Procyon costs too much for us to use it..

Mikey P

Administrator
This is an EXCELLENT give away product, either mix it yourself or they will put it in a 8 or 16 ounce bottle with a custom label on it.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
This is an EXCELLENT give away product, either mix it yourself or they will put it in a 8 or 16 ounce bottle with a custom label on it.

I need to get my Odyssey first, and think im going with Topps spotter. I was just looking for something for the customer to use after I clean. Something they wont ruin my work with.

Thanks to all here for the input. Much appreciated, once again.

Mikey P

Administrator
I need to get my Odyssey first, and think im going with Topps spotter. I was just looking for something for the customer to use after I clean. Something they wont ruin my work with.

Thanks to all here for the input. Much appreciated, once again.
You dont want to hand out TOPSPOT as a freebie.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Is there an alternative product on the market to Procyon?
I used cleanfree for a long time it is a great product but once I switched to more aggressive products I phased it out. I used it mostly as a rinse but at times I used it as a prespray and it was ok. I think it is the best soap free cleaner

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I used cleanfree for a long time it is a great product but once I switched to more aggressive products I phased it out. I used it mostly as a rinse but at times I used it as a prespray and it was ok. I think it is the best soap free cleaner
also I wanted to add this is the best product I found for commercial jobs that frequently clean so nothing is left behind I think once I found the prochem all fiber rinse powder I stopped using it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom