So Inconsiderate!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
A customer booked an appointment online and texted me asking for advice on how to clean a pet stain on her new viscose rug.
I explained in detail how to do this.
I guess she was successful because she No-Called, No-Showed for her appointment today. :( How RUDE!
I want to text her back and complain about her inconsiderate actions.
I would have No problem if she had canceled the appointment in advance-- but instead, my free advice and her inconsiderate behavior cost me a minimum of $265 potentially.
However, she has been a good customer and has always been pleased.
Should I let IT GO or give her a lashing?

Reactions: SamIam

FredC

Village Idiot
Obviously let it go....maybe a 'sorry we missed you today" after you make sure you didn't f up the appointment time/date

Reactions: SamIam and hogjowl

greencc

Name
gary
donn't let it go. be firm with her as she cost you money. she can be replaced right? if not then most people would say nothing. How do you know it won't happen the next time?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
@FredC I texted her this:
"Did we get our signals mixed? were you successful at removing stain yourself and forgot to inform us?"

She thought it was for Thursday- her mistake and was very apologetic.

Your thoughtful (in every sense of the word) message preserved a valuable customer relationship.

Even if she had treated you inconsiderately, it is often good to take a deep breath, reflect on the long term value of the customer, both past and future, and let it go.

I told my son that the three most important words in the English language aren’t:

“I love you”

They are instead:

“Let it go”

Reactions: Papa John

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Maybe a little different than this story, but "letting it go" helped for me.

June of last year, I did a job for a very good customer who always paid cash at the end of the job. She went through some troubling times with her family (divorce, health problems with kids, remarry) and asked me the day I cleaned if she could send me a check in a couple weeks. I said, sure, no problem.

Time went by and I never saw a payment. I sent multiple notices via email and voice message. I was very surprised, but something told me to Let it Go, thinking there might be some serious problems her way, so I did.

Just last week, she called me very apologetic saying she's so sorry for not paying and sent me the money. I didn't ask why, I just said thank you.

I understand if it's a new customer or a slimy contractor who stiffs their subs. Don't let that go. But if it's someone like above, then maybe you should. just my thoughts

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Name
Nate W.
Maybe a little different than this story, but "letting it go" helped for me.

June of last year, I did a job for a very good customer who always paid cash at the end of the job. She went through some troubling times with her family (divorce, health problems with kids, remarry) and asked me the day I cleaned if she could send me a check in a couple weeks. I said, sure, no problem.

Time went by and I never saw a payment. I sent multiple notices via email and voice message. I was very surprised, but something told me to Let it Go, thinking there might be some serious problems her way, so I did.

Just last week, she called me very apologetic saying she's so sorry for not paying and sent me the money. I didn't ask why, I just said thank you.

I understand if it's a new customer or a slimy contractor who stiffs their subs. Don't let that go. But if it's someone like above, then maybe you should. just my thoughts

Blue line and Everest come to mind.. :shifty:

@Papa John There’s a “Let Go” app.. I still have yet to download it myself.. :lol:

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I currently have two outstanding invoices, about two weeks old, from the same realtor. I sent them an online invoice with several reminders, which they HAVE VIEWED.
I just sent another reminder asking, "when can we expect payment."
And keep in mind I got stiffed by the red flag lady.

• Sad
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

SamIam

Name
sam miller
A customer booked an appointment online and texted me asking for advice on how to clean a pet stain on her new viscose rug.
I guess she was successful because she No-Called, No-Showed for her appointment today. :( How RUDE!
I would have No problem if she had canceled the appointment in advance-- but instead, my free advice and her inconsiderate behavior cost me a minimum of $265 potentially.

I would message, sorry we missed you please call to reschedule if you have Any cleaning needs.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
This is extremely rare, but just today a customer was a no show.

Initially made an appointment for Jan 6. then rescheduled for today (dont remember the reason) New customer and they did not say specifically what areas they wanted cleaned. I left a message last week as a reminder. Called and left a message yesterday to find out which areas they wanted cleaned so I could plan my day. All they had to do is leave a message before this morning so I knew.

This morning, no message. Got to their house and ring the RING doorbell. they KNOW I am there, right. Rang it twice and since it was 2 degrees outside decided to wait in the truck. Waited 20 minutes, nothing. Left.

Came back to the office to find a message that they left 30 minutes after I was there. Excuse was that their family is sick but they want to reschedule.

Talked to my wife about this and I was leaning towards not calling them back. But she did have a point. If they really didnt want the carpet cleaned, they would not have called back to leave the message.

So I will call tomorrow.

Mikey P

Administrator
The nurse and I didn't get off to a good start this morning.

Some marked off the wrong leg and they were dicking me around when my insurance. She took my grief personally

Took a few but my MFB took over and towards the end we were showing our punk rock tattoos, comparing bands and she said she'd check out my YT channel.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
After working as an EMT for many years she may have been involved in an accident or worse a family member could have died ect….
I wouldn’t sweat it or you can follow up out of care and say it isn’t like you to miss our appointment so I was worried something happened I’m glad to hear everyone is ok…. What day works best

hogjowl

Idiot™
After working as a carpet cleaner for many years she probably just forgot.
We’re not that memorable.
Even if we have a bucket head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom