sissal

Name
Ron lippold
I have to look at a sissal rug tomorrow lady banged her head, about ten small blood spots. Any one fix one of these before.

Thanks

Name
I'm Rick James
Sisal is a natural fiber derived from the 'agave sisalana' cactus plant. It is important during cleaning to control the amount of moisture. It is NOT recommended that the natural fiber be steam cleaned, wet shampooed or any other method that involves water saturation. It is recommended that a dry cleaning process be used for overall cleaning.

If she wants just the blood stains cleaned you may have to use a mild detergant and a white cloths and clean by hand, dry immediately with a hairdryer or fan to avoid water staining, that is when it becomes your problem. If they already have water marks from her trying to clean it than note that on the invoice and have her sign it and tell her they may be permanent.

Jose Smith

Wet cleaning sisal will very rarely cause damage. More damage will be caused from agitation than anything else. Colors may be damaged but this is easy to correct. The cotton edges of sisal rugs are more likely to be damaged from water. I clean a ton of sisal and see all degrees of soiling. When HWE is used, just be careful (as with any natural fiber).

Jose Smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom