Shower hack

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've got all day tomorrow to work on 2 showers. We've had a business relationship with this couple for years because we handle the carpet cleaning for their property management company. I smashed the carpet for them on the first trip last week. She was eating out of the Kid's hand.

Then I did a test on her shower and failed miserably. I brought a knife to a gun fight, I think. I called Mike because I knew he'd know the spot to get me some strong acid...

Well, delivery came today and I texted the homeowner to confirm for tomorrow morning. She's excited. I'm actually afraid a little, she's so excited. I want to crush this shower tomorrow. When I'm done at her place I'm going next door to her mom's house to clean her shower. The ladies are already starting to talk and I'm no shower guru.

I want to crush it, like I've seen Mike do. I got caulk and everything.

The shower is caked with hard water on the ceramic tile and grout. Also the glass door. It's awful. I think she said they built the house 10 years ago and they don't have a water softener.

Help this shower hack out! I will do what you say!

I've got the strong acid, wire brushes, utility knife, the Mikey's Board Grinder hand tool...

I want to have a good day tomorrow and really impress these ladies. It's a very prominent family in our area and this is a good opportunity for us.

I tried to get a pic or 2 to load but the image is too big or something. I took the pics with my fancy new camera.

Help me guys!

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Maybe now is the time for me to get an orbital!

I need that tile and grout to sing too!

Do I need to tape their dark (maybe nickel) hardware off?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Do I need a respirator? I’ll e sure to wear gloves. Do I tape all the nickel hardware off?

Thanks guys

Mikey P

Administrator
Although I've never really caused any damage with acids on fixtures cuz they're already usually trashed bring a container of Vaseline it just coat the fixtures that you're concerned about that's a lot more waterproof than masking tape which will get loose and fall off and drive you nuts if they're perfectly flat try the razor blade if they've got lump or are groovy or irregular texture you probably won't have much luck

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Although I've never really caused any damage with acids on fixtures cuz they're already usually trashed bring a container of Vaseline it just coat the fixtures that you're concerned about that's a lot more waterproof than masking tape which will get loose and fall off and drive you nuts if they're perfectly flat try the razor blade if they've got lump or are groovy or irregular texture you probably won't have much luck
Excellent advice

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've used rubbing compound with good results.
Why pay more for some fancy expensive " For shower doors" compound when cheap works just as well.

House cleaners will use lemon oil on the doors to make it look really clean and shiny...............till next time.

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

I've used rubbing compound with good results.
Why pay more for some fancy expensive " For shower doors" compound when cheap works just as well.

House cleaners will use lemon oil on the doors to make it look really clean and shiny...............till next time.
Lemon oil is a joke. Not sure why so many people like it.

Viper renew on grout lines that are real bad and a good brush. I don't touch anything else with it.
Phosphoric acid shouldn't hurt hardware and will clean just about everything. Apply with a blue no scratch pad and scrub lightly. When it's all clean you will still see water marks on the glass. That's where you need the steel wool and more phosphoric acid. Work on small inconspicuous areas until you get the feel for it.

Wondering how this went?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom