Shawn Forsythe RIP.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
This was very sad news. I was working with Shawn on Friday doing IICRC S100 committee work. He will be greatly missed. Soft-spoken but direct to the point.

I saw a suggestion on another site to raise money to help the family and his children's education. I do not know their financial needs, but if they do need help, I would get behind that suggestion.

Clarification: Shawn was the technical support genius for several distributors in California. Not the Bridgepoint chemist, that's Tom Forsythe.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I got the message saturday evening in the middle of one of the best days ever. I was with my buddies Cash and Axle and his friend and my son. Cash and Axle lost their dad last july to a widowmaker heart attack at the age of 41. He was a fit as anyone I know. Those boys did their best to comfort me but I refused to let my sorrow for Shawn ruin one of the best days those boys have had since thier dad had died and I am sure Shawn would have wanted that too. Me and Shawn had a great friendship that started off very differfently back in the days of the ICS board. I consider him a great friend and one of the best people I have ever known in the industry. I will miss him..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

You're right. You did exactly what Shawn would have wanted you to do John.

In fact, that's the most fitting tribute you could have given him.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd surely be of service any way I could
Ca is another world though, and I have no knowledge of Ca's laws and regs pertaining to sale.

I could help with reasonable values for sure .
so some vulture doesn't swoop in and take advantage of her

..L.T.A.

Reactions: John Olson

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
He spent a whole afternoon running me up and down the beach looking for an open tee shirt shop....everything closed.....
We're lucky it didn't happen then

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear this. We go way back with Shawn and his Central Cal. Cleaning Supplies days. We shared a lot, learned a lot and laughed a lot with this good man. My prayers are with his family. Rest in Peace my friend.

Reactions: Mikey P

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Perhaps @John Olson and @sOOper hero could get with his wife and help her sell off his gun collection...

@Radar Foster would you be willing to help here invest the funds correctly?
I’d do whatever is in my power for sure. California is a different world. My first suggestion is to speak to a lawyer before Doug anything. I would hope he set up a gun trust. I know we spoke of it before

Reactions: Dolly Llama

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
He was a kind and generous guy with a lot of common sense. He had a scientist's way of letting industry politics slide off while working toward a practical solution to an issue. Being a quiet guy he didn't look for attention, but did an awful lot for the industry behind the scenes. He will be missed.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Sorry to hear, condolences to his family and friends. He was an amazing chemistry guru! As stated previous his freely shared knowledge and wit will be missed.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
For those who might wish to donate to a fund for his young twins education -
Donations can be made by check. Make checks out to Reagan and Cameron Forsythe and send directly to Kristi Forsythe c/o Nita Cauthen, 14305 Meadowlands Dr. Riverside, CA 92503.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom