scrubbing a berber

matt sheppard

i have a pm company thats going to let me do a demo on a speckled white berber that they are going to replace. i can scrub it with my 175 but what pad should i use? from previous posts it looks like the red 3m pads are best but i'd just like to make sure.

thanks

TimP

I'd stick to a white pad till you get the hang of scrubbing with pads. Olefin has the lowest melting point so you could ruin it pretty quick. Usually a good preconditioner sprayed heavily ( 1 gal to 1-200 ft) and scrub with a white pad will do the trick (scrubbing also helps make sure you give plenty of dwell time), I've never really needed anything but a white pad myself. Also you may want to go to sallys and get you some H2O2 to boost with just to give it a good spike if you're really up against something bad (but I'd search some posts for dilution as I don't do the H2O2 boost other than powder from time to time). Running a high flow wand does wonders on olefin....and you may want to run a light emulsifier for good measure too.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The only thing I would use is a well broken-in brush. I use the same one on virtually any carpet fron a delicate wool to a trashed CGD. The only variable is the prespray. Pads wear out quickly. A heavy duty oversized brush with a riser will last for many years and do a spectacular job of preconditioning.

Rex Tyus

matt sheppard said:
i have a pm company thats going to let me do a demo on a speckled white berber that they are going to replace. i can scrub it with my 175 but what pad should i use? from previous posts it looks like the red 3m pads are best but i'd just like to make sure.

thanks

It depends on how bad it is. As said white may do it. I like the reds or at least tan for berber style. If you are familiar with a rotary you should not have a problem with any of them. I have even used green on those. I haven't tried Jeremy's ICE BLUE. He seems to know his pads pretty well so it might be worth checking availablity.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I "think" the ice blue is in b'tween the white and biege

I think your "safest" but still effective at scrubbing would be a green striped scrub bonnet.
More effective than shampoo brush and when saturated with pre-spray, little to no concern of messing a carpet like you can with agressive VCT pads.

green is scarry to some guys and SHOULD be used with caution and/or experienced roto scrubbers.

I shouldn't tell you I went from stripping a VCT floor, then hoped over the carpet strip right on to the trashed/salvage berber....with a BLACK pad :wink:
I thing I might of even used wax stripper as the pre-spray :lol: :lol:

it was a "highend" sec 8 in a "highend" gAhetto projects :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom