Scrub for safety

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
14 pH super caustic (concrete) cleaners..

A cleaner here did a tile and grout job in his sneakers. His super high pH concrete product got through the shoes, socks, and to the skin.

Severe chemical burns. Nearly lost both feet.

Footwear was the major issue of course, but 14 isn't anything to screw around with.

A restorer had one of his people sit on a pail of degreaser as a make shift seat in the back of his van. It seems the lid wasn't tight and it leaked up and took the skin off his butt and his.....well, you know.

High pH products can be as dangerous as acid.

Be careful out there....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm with ya Mike. @Matt Wood does this remind you of a recent conversation I had with someone about the dangers of high PSI on grout? Glad i'm not the only one that thinks like this.

Reactions: Mikey P

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah even the nano extreme prochem got on my arm. It burned me a little. Good stuff but it is caustic as well.

Stephen D. Gillett

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Gillett
Seriously.

The shit I see guys doing and using to save a few minutes not scrubbing grout just blows me ( and the grout) away.

2500 psi

or just built in blinders on...

Fidiots.

I really want you guys to try STONE PRO Formula 51 for tile and grout cleaning. hand scrubbing is still the best, but this 13.2 alkie will loosen everything up.Iit even has some stripping agents to loosen waxes and acrylics. Mikey, Have we given you a sample yet? If not, I really need to get this to you.

Mikey P

Administrator
I really want you guys to try STONE PRO Formula 51 for tile and grout cleaning. hand scrubbing is still the best, but this 13.2 alkie will loosen everything up.Iit even has some stripping agents to loosen waxes and acrylics. Mikey, Have we given you a sample yet? If not, I really need to get this to you.

Nope.

As paying advertisers, I'd say you're missing the boat here by not giving away some samples..

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Seriously.

The shit I see guys doing and using to save a few minutes not scrubbing grout just blows me ( and the grout) away.

2500 psi

or just built in blinders on...

Fidiots.

Didn't one of the stanley fellows say they clean t&g at 2500(or whatever).

I'm sorry, if it doesn't come clean at 1500psi is 2500 really going to help. Especially in the hands of an employee.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Nope.

As paying advertisers, I'd say you're missing the boat here by not giving away some samples..

...and start with the guy who never did get that mythical 6-pound jar of someone else’s super duper whatever, even though I (ahem I meant “he”) am one of the most fantastic reviewers on Earth and speak only sooth and stuff. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'll never forget when I did that demo at the local Walmart to do their tile bathroom floors. When they saw my $450 quote, they never called me back. Fast forward to a week later: I go to check the floor to see what they did about it and There's grout pixels all over the walls and hardly any grout in the grout lines on the floor. They had one of their idiot managers pressure wash the floor at over 3000psi. I know that, because the manager is one of my residential customers.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Matt somewhere I have a very nice letter from Wallycorporate saying they were not taking on any floor cleaners. Now I see why! Still, you have to laugh, amirite?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt somewhere I have a very nice letter from Wallycorporate saying they were not taking on any floor cleaners. Now I see why! Still, you have to laugh, amirite?
My good friend's retard husband used to clean the floors for WalMart at night. He did it for years. He got fired for stealing gallons of floor wax and stripper. He tried to setup his own floor company, but failed hard. He just didn't have the drive to get out there. He's now a stay at home dad while my friend works her ass off as a nurse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom