Saddened

by the loss of one of my best customers. She passed away about a month ago and I can't stop thinking about it. Not only was she a GREAT customer who had me at her house/church/rentals 6 times a year minimum, she was probably my #1 cheerleader.

On the business end, the loss is going to hurt, but for some reason it's the personal end that is really bothering me. She was more like an Aunt than a customer. Sometimes she would call just to ask about the wife and kids, and she fed me lunch on more than one occasion. She was one of my "sweet little old ladies" and I will miss her. I really like cleaning carpets and owning my own business, but I think the best part are the relationships that are developed over the years. Some people can be a royal PITA, but it's people like her that make it all worth while!

Thanks, I just needed to get that off my chest :cry:

Mike Draper

that definitely makes this business worth it. It's more personal because you are in peoples homes and they need to trust you to do business with you. We have some very close clients as well.

G

You should run a ad in the obits about your relationship to let eveyone know about her!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks for sharing that. I lost a customer last year to stomach cancer. It took him in less then 3 months. :cry: :cry: He came in when he was really really sick to pay off a bill. He look really sick but he didn't say anything and neither did I. I knew that grey look and when he shock my hand I knew it was probably the last time. The girl that worked with him came in a month later and told us he had passed. I couldn't keep the tears away. She told me I he wanted to come and pay his bill himself and that she was to trust me with anything she needed.

I miss Jorge and will miss the "Hello Mr. John" and the "ohh Thank You so Much Mr. John" :cry: :cry: :cry:

The worst part was I missed the funeral because I don't read the paper so I missed the Obit. :(

Sorry got off topic. Thanks you for sharing and your right it is those relationships that make what we do worthwhile. After all the money might be nice but we can't take it with us but our memories...those will be with us forever.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That sucks when you hear about those. I had a fiesty little old lady a few years back, cleaned for her once a year, she had a neat house overlooking the river, big PITA set up. I would usually mark off a half day for a $150 job. But I always enjoyed talking to her and I think she liked having me there once in a while (all her kids moved out of state.) I took it pretty hard when I found out she had passed.

Name
Nate W.
Sorry to hear that. That's the one thing that always gets me. I grew up in this business and have/had quite a few customers like that. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom