Rugs from hell

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Today I went into the rug shop and got an early start. Got 6 rugs done. Two of them have turned out to be nightmares. They were soaked in urine so I had to soak them overnight in a chem bath. When Inoulled them out the next day, there was some sort of black tar/gum like substance that deposited all over the too of the rug. I believe the customer had sprayed an adhesive on the back of the rugs to keep it from slipping around on the floor. The adhesive came off in the soaking process and caused me headaches.

I’ve spent hours and hours on my knees working out the black residue. Fiber by fiber. It sucked. Today I said “screw it” and bought an aresol can of Goo off. After some testing I found I could use it on the wool rug. Its seemed to do the trick. Whew! I thought I was buying some rugs.
It will be nice to have these done.

160A4A2A-B9DA-4552-A830-238A0F38CF92.jpeg 1548F038-3A81-4221-8459-BAA40C5EBEB4.jpeg 67DCC521-DAFC-4FD0-88C2-E115796C35AA.jpeg 31A487D9-552D-49D7-8BB7-161482E2D6A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you have a pressure washer @Nomad74 ?
it's amazing what 1800 PSI will do.
I used mine today to blast away paint and slime from a rug.
I was power washing a couple of urine soaked rugs today. Made up an acidic urine solution, poured it over the rugs, let them soak for a bit then powerwashed both sides. You could all the yellow running away. Power washer also does a great job on the fringes. Mines is a 5 HP 2500 psi.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They usually leave them in the drive to dry or hang small ones on the fence.

Who knows how long that will take. I always assumed they put them back and either stained their carpet or damaged their wood floor with the damp rug.

I had a lady at a water damage job ask if I would clean her BMW mats while there. I explained were were only extracting and had no rinse water. I told her we could take them in but she said never mind I'll do them at the car wash. 🤯

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom