round tanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for those of you who run the round tanks (I think only the AT does)

Have you had any types of problems with them ???

what is the good and the bad compared to the POS that is in my 720....

I am not going to take mine in and have it fixed..... It is just a waste of money IMO to put a bandage on it.........I would much rather have it replaced with something that I know is going to last......and be done with it once and for all

Also can someone tell me are the new square tanks made better then the shame full ones that they have put into most of the trucks.........

G

I don't have the round tank but I know a lot of guys that have them and nobody has had any problems with them. They don't leak. I had mine fixed in February and it's been good since. I think it would be easier to find a good welder and have him fix yours.

My other 2 Vortex's never had a leak in the tanks.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there is just to many leaks I don't know where to start and the baffle finally just broke off and is laying in the bottom.........next to the 2nd float that was put on..............

I would rather put in a good sound tank and not worry............

The metal that was used is just not holding up............................

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
975 hours on the machine, 14,900 miles on the truck and not one leak. Sorry man I think you got screwed.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the tank issue is one that alot of people are or were having ......
so I am not sinking in the leaking boat alone.........we have a 2005 model here in town that has started to leak. I talk to a lot of people and the biggest bitch is always the tank.....

the hx is what I was wondering about.........do they run them in the round tanks the same way or is it a entire different set up....I could not swap it out because it is welded to the tank...couldn't I just disconcert the hoses to it and hook them up to the round one

Scott Rogers

What is the warranty on those tanks? For the money of those machines they need to last more then 5 years.

From all the post on the boards, the V's dont seem anymore reliable then the typical slide in.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I heard life time warranty on the tanks but I don't know if it is true or not.................But from what they show you it is as soon as the check clears

I am sure it don't matter.....seem everyone brags but know one has the balls to stand behind there product or back it up......

I can put a new tank in mine and still be thousands ahead for what I paid for it........ so I am happy........ because this machine is not worth the full asking price.....glad I did not cash in the 401k or mortgage the house.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom