Reverse Osmosis Rinse. Anyone use it?

Name
George Valliant
Found this at http://www.cobbcarpet.com/purerinse.html

Is this what zerorez is bragging about in all their propoganda?

Is this a must have or what?

At a cost of 4k sure seems like an expensive upgrade.

Anyone use one?

purerinse.jpg

Reverse Osmosis Rinse System - No Residue
Removes All traces of Detergent Residue
1.9 GPM Output

150 lbs.
1/2 HP DC Pump Motor

Zipper Bag (Throwaway Filter Bag) or Shake-Out Bag

$3999

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
George;

ZeroRez is spending many times what that RO system costs.

Dave Gill is using an RO water system in Florida and is quite happy with his results.

Without using any rinse agent, it provides the most complete rinsing process available.

Larry

minuteman

Its called De-Ionization or D-I Tanks for short all they are is a mixed bed of resin beads that are positive & negatively charged, at the top of the tank the water goes in, passes through the D-I Tank & the dissolved particles attach themselves to the resin, the collector tube out is at the bottom, ( I made it sound real Hi-Tech Engineered but it's just a tube or pipe to let the water out) the crud stays in the tank attached to the resin and you are left with 99.9% pure Water for Cleaning. Been around for over 50 years. You can also add to this also to make it 100% pure Water for a Rinse.

Greg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
hook up with your local water supply company and get the resin tanks that can be switched out every month. i think its called deionized water when it goes threw one of them.. idk what all that means but it filters out a ton of crap.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
George;

RO and DI are two different systems of obtaining ultrapure rinse water.

RO is the most economical to produce over the years.

DI requires more frequent resin changes.

Larry

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I saw it on Larry's site and was thinking about looking into it. It sounds like a good idea to me as long as the upkeep it's to much.

Gene

minuteman

Mr. Cobb, My name is Gregory, Greg if you will, I have to agree with you on two parts only, if you want 99.9% pure water than you need D-I . If you want more, you need yours Mr. Cobb before D-I is installed; D-I is the Last Out on any system for pure water. And you are right it's costly to maintain D-I, & yours also, I'm not trying to burn you here, but the truth is a bitch, If you all,... want D-I, call your Collegian Man, they sell & service it & it's DI water ,...& the name is Greg.

Greg

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
the system is easy to maintain, i change the filters every 2-3 months depending on how much water gets filtered
and i am done..the filters cost me about 35.00 total. every other year i change out the membranes and they are about 50.00 each
and i run 3 of them..
my water is as pure as it gets..
i have a unbeatable combination..i use the powermax as my prespray and a pure chem free rinse and i am good to go..i also use less prespray and chems
because the water is so pure.

lance

A home RO system uses more water than it makes. The filters need a lot of water so it might take 2 or 3 gallons to get 1 gal of RO water in the resevoir tank.

How does this system work? Where does the extra water go?

DI water does not have any waste....it takes 1 gal. of water to make 1 gal. of DI water.

minuteman

Sunshine, if you are going to post here, file out your profile, you are right but whom cares?

Greg

Walt

I checked out DI water here. It was about 10 cents per gallon when you added it all up.

According to the rep, DI water will ruin stainless steel tanks in a 4-5 years.

minuteman

Walt, all due respect, Please think about what you have said.
Anyone, jump in anytime.

Greg

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Yes Di systems will corrode stainless I believe 316L is most resistant stainless it’s still corrosive It’s also very expensive metal to fabricate with also the purity of the DI water is important. Generally, Di systems are usually plumbed with plastic pipe.

Walt

minuteman said:
Walt, all due respect, Please think about what you have said.
Anyone, jump in anytime.

Greg

I went to the culligan plant that supplies biokleens Di Water. When I showed him the stainless steel fresh water tank he expressed some concern. So did Shawn York. Apparently there are a number of Vortex machines with pitted HX due to the use of Di water.

I know it sounds impossible and I certainly can't explain it. But it is what they said.

WoodChuck

The reason DI water is pitting metal is water wants all the minerials in it, so when you remove them it will take it back from anthing it can find.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
why dont you guys install plastic tanks?

Mytee makes some killer ones..

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
You really don't need di for cleaning. Ro will get up to 90% pure. Ro does waste a lot of water but I think the bigger ones as in the pic waste much less. I think it's because it's under more pressure then the house pipes.

Albert

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The only time I would ever use DI water or a DI machine is if I were cleaning electrical contents in restoration. Thats really what its use is. It wouldn't serve any good purpose cleaning textiles and or fabrics.

When I was in Ohio we did a lot of work with a local restoration company. They had 3 DI machines at their facility, and they were nice to use when we would handle smaller losses on our own. I only used them to clean PC's and monitors; when they were salvageable, and they would dry in an oven afterwards.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greg;

Both RO & DI can supply ample purity for carpet rinsing.

RO will generally cost less per gallon.

RO can remove organic pathogens that DI does not remove.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom