Restaurant laminate floor

Bob Foster

I came across a laminate floor that I would call medium grade that had restaurant grease on it like you would find on restaurant carpets. It occurred to me because it was a large open empty area that I could throw down some prespray and take my GLS or 175 to it and scrub it a bit and then extract it with my Greenhorn.

As long as I was extremely light on the prespray does anyone see why this wouldn't work reasonably efficiently and well?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Re: Resturant laminate floor

I'd be worried about water going in between the boards and swelling, mainly from the rinsing. Do you have an op machine?.

Albert

Bob Foster

I wondered about that too. I was thinking of using about 200 psi.

I don't own an OP machine.

CleanEvo

What if you used a bonnet on your 175?

I have done that before, but it wasn't a greasy restuarant.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I think a gecko style wand with internal jet would be safer.. kinda of like an upholstery tool. Intended to rinse the surface with out forcing moisture down between crevices. If it was installed correctly, they should have glued the seams to prevent moisture from penetrating very deeply. But even then there is no guarentee with it.

TimP

You shouldn't use a pressure washing tool on laminate just to be safe.

The way you're supposed to do it is with a mist spray and scrub with a 175 with a white possibly a red pad.

You need to get all the dry soil up that you can first vacuum preferably but not with an upright vacuum, a backpack would be ideal.

Use a strong degreasing detergent that you feel safe with on the floor. Spray a light mist ahead of you and work in small areas scrubbing or you can use a bonnet pad and change them out as you fill them out with your 175( i suggest it due to the grease). Keep a plastic putty knife for getting up gum and other stuff that's stuck. Then you can get you a microfiber mop (flat mop kinda like a dust mop) and go over it with a neutral cleaner to rinse. Depending on how much you got up you shouldn't have too dirty of a mop for your rinse.

At least that's what I suggest. But no high pressure tools on wood/laminate, due to the ammount of water.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Got pics?

not of the actual cleaning but do clean the floor in the background right after doing the tile, O2 on the tile and laminate floor
concordiatile5an8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom