Radiator broken on Bluewave!

G

Well it had to happen since I've posted so many good things about my Bluewave. Has almost 600 hours on it. A week or so I noticed a small radiator fluid leak. Checked everywhere and couldn't find where it was coming from.......leak seemed to stop.

Today it re-appeared and I took side cover off. Fluid pretty much pouring out of back toward bottom by mounting bracket. Stopped by distributor and he took one look and got on the phone ordering a new radiator.

I tried to squeeze one more job out of her tonight. Right as I got done she pretty much blew. Fluid leaking out everywhere on floor of van!

This is my first real problem so far with the Bluewave in 600 hours. Had it since March and split time with it and ole' reliable, the Boxxer.

Ed Hartman

This thing seems like a Wave of Thermal problems from all the posts I read. 600 hours? Ridiculous. Sorry to hear this. I hope its under warranty

Ricky Thurman

I was talking to another cleaner this week that had the same problem. According to him, it was a problem with the radiator manufacture Blueline WAS using. I believe they have since changes radiators. You might check into it.

JohnnyV

Unfortuneatly in business, it's not the radiator manufacturers problem to you. Your problem is with Blueline. Bluelines problem is with the manufacturer. Hopefully they take care of you no charge. its similar to our business. The last guy to touch it, owns the problem.

G

I think I jinxed you

That is the 1st problem of this kind that I have heard of. I wonder if the heat in Phoenix has anything to do with it. Call Scott or Chris and it should be a quick free fix. You need to use your Boxer anyway, good opportunity to fire that baby up for a few days.
How did your Travertine job go? I love that stone. I installed 18" tiles at the entrance of the new office and got a matching table in the waiting areas. Looks beautiful.

G

New radiator will be at TSI (my local dist.) Monday and van will be there ready to be installed. All covered under warranty. I am going to contact Blueline (Scott) just to see if this is an isolated issue or not.

For anyone bashing this machine, this is the first problem I've had and it is covered under warranty. I guess if it keeps happening I'd be more worried about it. I run the thing most of the day 5 days a week, so things will go wrong. So far Magic Wand, TSI, and Blueline have been awesome to deal with.

G

Curt you are a man no words can describe

Curt, is a class person. He knows things happen (like the motor on his truck). But, what makes him special is how he deals with his problems. He acts like a mature person who has patience and tolerance (he knows shit happens). This makes other people he is dealing with bring out the best in them.
Curt, I have nothing but respect for you. You are what I would want to be and my children to be. Not to even mention your Dad. He is an incredible person who probably passed on the amazing traits to you.

G

Taf is the man. That's it. I'm placing an order on Monday!

Chad, don't talk bad to my machine! He has feelings! :)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Blue Line's warranty policy and the other big name manufactures could be better. A lot of the manufactures are going to 2 years but I think it could be better

Curt, you have the thermal wave and not the thermal wave II. 5 M blower? I used the thermal wave II today for 4 hours. Lots of vacuum, dual wand was ok at 100' on each hose.

heat would only get to 230 tops at the machine and stayed at about 220 with one wand and dropped to 180-190 average with the dual wand. Very disappointed with the heat but I like the waste tank and the filter box that is similar to the vortex

After 2 hours the machine just died and wouldn't start, emission light stayed on. We let it sit for 10 minutes and it started right up.

Hopefully the gen 59 demo goes better on wednesday

G

Steve, I have the Bluewave, the middle size one. 31 Kubota liquid cooled enigne.

G

Blue Wave

I have sold more of the Blue Waves than any other machine. From my experience, it is the best bang for your buck. Blueline and their customer service makes the deal even sweater. The only problem I have ever had with the machines is the fuel pumps. And, I think that is because they are made for Torque not RPM (like Kohler Honda and others). So, when the vacuum is down, they need more juice. But, I thing Scott at Blueline and Chris at Magic Wand Co. have resolved the issue.
I love the side mounting of the motor, blower and the manual bypass. Simple as it maybe, no one ever thought of that before.
By the way, I have some used Magic wand machine for sale. Now discontinued, because of better machines like Blue Line, but these are simple and have no back pressure. Plug and play for those who live far from their dealers.
Truck--mounts for the price of portables with SOVC that get incredible vacuum.

Mike Brummett

ALL mechanical things break down eventually. My Thermal Wave kicks butt. Absolutely the best TM that I have ever owned. Zero problems so far. It is a solid workhorse. Yes, the heat could be better, but it stll cleans great. After owning a fuel fired boiler unit for 5 years, I can tell you, firsthand, that mega-heat is highly overrated.

The Blue Wave definitely has better heat. So that's what I'll buy next. Of course two weeks after I bought my Thermal Wave, they came out with the TW-2, so maybe I'll wait a while.

MIKE

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I was impressed with the side way mounting of the motor, just like front wheel drive car. It made the unit more compact and a better overall design. Sloped waste tank drained well also.

The waste tank is very tall and I had a hard time being able to see inside the tank to clean it out. The van it was in was insulated and paneled so the may have affected that a little

The machine heats through blower exhaust so the heat is not impressive but there is no water bypassing either but if the machine is intended for dual wand operation it should be able to maintain better then a 180-190 degree average.

the machine also had a skip it it, not sure how to describe it, the motor would be running fine and then all of a sudden it would be like the heart skipped a beat. The 405 performers I had used also did this but I am told the machine does this when the electric fan comes on, so it is normal

My boxxer holds 240 pretty easy and 220 with 2 wands jetted at 6 each. I am use to the heat I want it. More heat less chemical

If the thermal wave II had the heat it would be an easy sell

G

Two different truck-mounts

Water cooled (new ones) have the radiator that keeps the temp. at 190( in the case of Blue line, it has a thermostat like the cars do). As soon as you put your wand down, the motor and blower kicks in. The temp. is already 190 degrees.
Air cooled means not cooled. Any back pressure to create heat will make the motor die prematurely.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom