Question for Mark Saiger

Wade A

Name
Wade
Hi Mark, I currently use Tsunami on tile & grout and love it and see no need to use anything else. My question is can Tsunami be used as a top scrub for a top scrub and recoat on VCT being it has some stripping capabilities? I use Betco Best Scrub now and it’s almost gone. Would like be able to use one product for both because the accounts that I have have both and I do them at the same time on a regular basis.

46586EAE-1C8A-40F4-9488-BD4307A44196.jpeg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't get carried away on vct if using SPP to prep for recoating finish. It can be pretty aggressive, so use a light dilution to start. It cleans GREAT, but may strip more deeply than you actually need.

Just my experience.

Reactions: Wade A

Wade A

Name
Wade
Stick with strippers for stripping.
Yea Mikey your right and I do use stripper solutions for stripping. When I get a new account I will do a complete strip and then set them up on a maintenance program depending on the traffic they have. Then I top scrub and recoat.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey
Name
Lee Stockwell
I was not talking about traditional stripping, ie black pad, butyl stripper, and loads of slimey gunk.

He was asking about light cleaning for recoat, which works best with very MILD cleaner, or even plain water, and 3M Surface prep pads which give great results in most cases.

The danger comes from mixing the two techniques, using a solution that dissolves the finish enough to gunk up the pads rendering them useless. If the floor turns "milky" you know that's what will happen.

Reactions: Wade A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom