Pretty New to the Game

Name
Josh Mckee
Hi, my name is Josh, and I'm new to the site. I have been in business for a few months. I have a Edic Galaxy 2000 portable carpet extractor. Besides December my monthly earnings are around $3000. Not near where I want to be. I am seeking knowledge in every aspect of the business. If there's anyone who would like to school a newbie, then I would love to hear what everyone has to say. My company is Prestige West Texas Carpet Care and I'm out of Amarillo, TX. If you wish to look me up to know, at least, a small bit about my company, then you will find me on Facebook or prestigewesttexas.com. I am definitely happy I have found this site because just reading what I did, I have already learned a bunch.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
1bc6bab04318d3b5ab46853c6cd3fbcf.jpeg

FredC

Village Idiot
welcome!

what do your customers say after reading the info on your site about the dangers of water/steam............and then you show up with a portable?

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Welcome!

Are you a franchise? What's with the scare tactics against "steam cleaning" on your site?

Anyway, $3000 with a porty isn't as bad as it sounds. You're probably saving about $1,500 a month in gas and payments over a TM guy. Won't make you rich, but should be enough to get some momentum rolling.

If you did buy into a franchise I don't stand by that sentiment though. You should be doing more than that from day one with a good system.

Name
Josh Mckee
I'm not a franchise. They just sold me my equipment and helped me get started. I never really had anyone question my system, and actually the dries in one to two hours has been my biggest seller. Acquisition of new clients has been the hardest seller. The guy who helped me get started is big into direct mail. I was wondering what you guys feel is your biggest seller. Facebook hasn't got me anything.

Name
Josh Mckee
I definitely want to get a TM, but I want to build to that. I have started with no experience and no clients and I know right now I'm cheap. I feel this gives me experience. I'm no bait and switch and probably give more than I get paid for.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Yeah....you kinda lost me there. It is people like you making the claims that steam cleaning is bad that hurts those of us who are actually cleaning carpets. It takes us more time having to explain to a potential customer that that very claim is utterly false.
Remove that from your website and you might find some more support from the people who steam clean carpets.
Not trying to be mean or unwelcoming, but you are misleading and scaring customers.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Still says no steam=no mildew. I steam carpets all day long and have never caused mildew.
Also, every warranty I have ever seen requires a professional Steam cleaning every year to 18 months.
I get that you need your customers to believe that your method is the best in order for you to get started and gain a customer base, but let me ask you this.....how are you going to explain to your repeat customers when you suddenly show up with a truck mount to steam clean their carpets after you have been telling them that it is bad and causes mildew? And that it is not the recommended procedure by manufacturers?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Also....you claim you are not using chemicals. What are you using? Even water is a "chemical"
What is in your dry foam "product"? There is absolutely nothing in there that couldn't be called a chemical?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
What you need to do is get more honest on your website, and target a customer base that relies on portable cleaners because they live in high rises or other areas that are inaccessible with a TM, even some commercial accounts can only be done with a portable.
Make up some flyers and direct mailers to those types of properties. Tell them you have state of the art portable equipment that is also capable of cleaning any job a TM can as well.
Just don't throw these scare tactics out there, it hurts everyone.

Reactions: PrimaDonna
Name
Josh Mckee
I came on here because I have only one person who has helped me. I'm not trying to scare anyone and I'm just going by what I know so far. I don't want to be the jerk to everyone and I hope to benefit from this

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I'm not trying to be a jerk either, I promise...I truly want the best for you. You came to the right place to learn.
As for the chemicals, just change it to saying that all of your "products" are safe.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I was waitressing and met George, who owns a carpet cleaning company. We fell in love and I starting working with him. March will be 9 years.
We are a husband and wife team, with one truck.
I truly enjoy the business, it has it's ups and downs just like anything else in life but I love most everything about it. I do carpet repairs as well, which I really enjoy. That may be something you should look into learning. You can make money doing it, which will bring you closer to getting a TM. It's just a good service to be able to offer.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
That's good! Ive never been to ICE...was going to go this year, but decided to wait to go to Atlanta in April for The Experience and Mikeyfest. If you can, check that one out too! Have you looked into taking any of the classes?

Name
Josh Mckee
I have a standard way of answering, but usually I can get people without any problem once they call. With women I tell them I'm clean shaven and uniformed to make them feel comfortable with letting me into there home. I have figured out with cautious women that if I say, "What would it take to earn your trust and business today?" That every time they use my services. My biggest seller is the dry shampoo method because it dries in one to two hours

Name
Josh Mckee
I say prestige west Texas carpet care, this is josh, how may I help you? I explain the dry shampoo dries quicker BC I don't have to use so much water. I explain my prices per room, my methods, and get their name, address and phone number

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom