pre_vac

KOOSER55

Im looking to buy a vac. does anyone have any advice on what to buy and which ones to stay away from?

DRScrivner

Better stair tools on these two models. I do some janitorial and the airflow powered rolling Turbo Brush is an improvement.

I have personally used and abused several of this model and can highly recommend them...
Bissell PowerTrak Bagless Revolution- $92.67 at Wal-mart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3926101

If you don't like to clean washable foam filters then go with the Bissell Momentum.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5031454

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use the one Chads posted... They last me a year then I toss them... You will need to clean the filters regularly though.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
KOOSER55 you are right to think that its better get that dry dirt out first.. Makes wet cleaning easier and leaves a good customer impression. now Bissel vs say a commercial sanitaire. Well Bissel is plastic and will last being hauled around like mentioned here already about a year. Besides belts, not many parts are easily replaceable. However at 45 to 100 dollars you can afford to use and abuse it for a year and then get a new one. With the Sanitaire examples, Chrome motor housing, 50 ft power chord, better plastic components and you can rebuild them yourself with parts readily available from several suppliers. They run from 200 to 300 dollar and some commercial vacs range from 300 to 700 dollars. Again Usually last about 5 yo 10 years with good maintenance...

Hopefully this will provide some better info for you.. and I have used the Sanitaris, the Bissels, Kirby, Oreck XLs, Dirt Devils, Hoovers.. I like the Kirby.. but way way way overpriced, I like the sanitari for its aggresive yet consistant performance in the long run and I love the bissel for the great suction and pickup at such an unbeatable price.. Our price is $46. and some change local! The Bissel is at my apartment and it saves me the cost of bags to pickup after my dogs.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If you are anybody else here does not own a Sanitaire 887. Your a FOOKIN hack and you will never be a Top 25 cleaner.

Golden Boy

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Sanitiare 887. Not a bad vac. I would go bagged unless you take care of the machine the dust cup should never break.

Commercial vacs always have a 50 ft cord. Always have same suction/motor/power all that jazz. Plastic is usually more heavy duty to with stand more abuse.

That is about it. Longer cord and more durable. NOT more power. Some commercial vacs you can get a bigger head to cover more area. But if so you are spanning out suction path more and compensating suction for time to cover more area with bigger head. Always negatives with positives huh?? Nothing is perfect.

I'm still confused on the Bissell fan club. I know if you have employees using the vacs and they don't care it might make sense to buy disposables but if you have paper filters to buy with bagless it is the same as buying bags unless you wanna never buy filters and loose suction after they are ruined quickly. Look at most Bissell bagless, they are covered with dust on the outside. The dust/dirt must not be staying on the inside too well.

I may be biased working for a vac store but it is real simple; get what you pay for.

Kirby got there design from Royal. If you want a better vac with better quality and more power and for HALF the price, buy a Royal. Just remember Kirby and Royal have not the greatest filtering but awesome pick up. Royal brushes are stiffer than Kirby also for better Agi.

Royal also makes a great plastic model in the Eminence.

Riccar makes great models. Pretty durable.

If Sanitaire, stick with Metal and not plastic models.

Royal Owns Dirt Devil and Hoover so you know that Royal has to be better.

I still believe that Sanitaire makes Eureka, maybe. Stay away from Eurekas

Trust me, we sell Oreck and only use them on commercial carpet.

Tat's my two pennies.

Jordan

Chads

Supportive Member
Waldo I own one I just choose not to use it dosen't compete with the Bissell unless I'm cleaning rugs and need a beater bar.

G

Waldo said:
If you are anybody else here does not own a Sanitaire 887. Your a FOOKIN hack and you will never be a Top 25 cleaner.

Golden Boy

I own a Sanitaire 888, but that is a tank, and I choose my Riccar SL5 8lbs. and it's also made in the USA. I've heard the mention of top 25 cleaner in the past, but thought it was a joke. What is the criteria or standard to be a top 25 cleaner?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
SL5???....isn't that the top lightweight model...geared belt??

beautiful choice my man!!!

Riccar lightweight take down Oreck's annny day of the week...stiffer brushes...bigger fan blade...better section...bet outter bag...

I just bought a Riccar from JSTUCKY(Jordan) and it is awesome....he gave me an awesome price too!

Greenie

other than the "blow by" fine dust, the Bissels are incredible cleaners, that is why they get so much lip service here, and it's a good $49 referral for Mrs. Piff when she ask, cause most homeowners have seen the kirby demo and frankly steer clear of a $1500 vacuum and all the hype. they trust you, the professional cleaner to not hype them.

if the blow by is an issue, get a hepa model, I just never cared THAT much, just trying to get most the hair and dirt out and make extraction and drying more efficient.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
jstucky, the filters on my bissel are completely washable, not the hepa paper type so I don't anticipate needing to replace that so often and one filter is about 2.00 for my model. Like I said, it works great for my apartment. We use the sanitair and kirbys at the store.. we only use the kirby because my brother was that annoying salesmen... Great suction and filtering.. but when a salesmen can sell them for up to 2200.00, gets them from his distributer for 750 who gets them from kirby for 250! I'm sorry but that is way to much of a mark up!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I use a Cleartrak. Its not got all the HEPA filtration but it WILL get the soil out of the carpet.
I put an extension cord on the existing cord and I can plug in one spot and vacuum the entire house, most times.
The only "modification" I've done to it is put weather stripping around the filter tray, forces all the air through the filter. I get a couple years out of a motor.

The brush lasts about 6mths, change it and the belt and it feels like a new machine!!!
Wash the filters and $6 in filters will last several months.

The machine is simpler than a Judson TM to work on, all you need is a phillips screw driver, 20 minutes you're down to the motor. VERY simple.
Look at my website you'll see what kind of soil it'll pull up.

I'll PM you more details

I've had real good luck with Panasonic vacs. About time to replace the one in my van, maybe I'll try one of the $100 bissell's.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Aaron, if you some extra money get the $46.00 as well, if for anything just to keep for trashed.. its kinda of funny how a $46.00 vac can out perform some 300 dollar plus heavy hitters.. :) It kinda of ranks up there with the diet coke and mentos kinda of entertainment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom