Please discribe your in home rug cleaning processes

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
If you are worried about getting the backing wet, set up a cheap single jet wand with a 4 flow nozzle and use low water pressure.

I vacuum, prespray naturals with Procyon or on synthetics Cobbs Powermax. Of course after doing a bleed test on any high $$$$ orientals. I put a strip of plastic under the fringes and use an upholstery tool to lightly clean them. Dry stroke thoroughly and immediately wipe around the edges for overspray. Never ruined a floor in 15 years.

If a rug is urine soaked or needs to be dunked I refer them to a local rug sales place that does cleaning. My days of lugging around 100 lb. rugs are long gone and I don't really have room back at my place to do them.

Any kind of flat weave gets upholstery tooled and if I do both sides of course I ask the customer if they have a tile floor it can dry on or a place to hang it.

Last edited:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I drop the rugs in my spa, then crank up the temps and turn on the jets. It's almost as good as a Centrumforce wash tub. The churning of the hottub mimics the natural turbulence of river washing. I then yank the rugs out and mount them on the lumber rack of my truck. Once that's done, I drive up and down Hwy 5 at 70 MPH to dry and polish the rugs. This is the Damon Rydell Patented technique. I'll soon be giving classes in my new facility, closing escrow tomorrow. There, you will get a styrofoam cup for the soft serve machine and a certificate showing you are FTC certified in the washing of rugs in hot tubs.
Or throw em in the swimming pool ,, and hang em out on the tennis court!!
I did tell a customer this in the past. TRUE STORY completely resisted sending out.
Actually it was the house maid I told.

But in that house there were a few runners , wool orientals that I did clean in house using my stepson and bonnets. (got quite a lot of fuzzing from the staple fibers:winky:)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I drop the rugs in my spa, then crank up the temps and turn on the jets. It's almost as good as a Centrumforce wash tub. The churning of the hottub mimics the natural turbulence of river washing. I then yank the rugs out and mount them on the lumber rack of my truck. Once that's done, I drive up and down Hwy 5 at 70 MPH to dry and polish the rugs. This is the Damon Rydell Patented technique. I'll soon be giving classes in my new facility, closing escrow tomorrow. There, you will get a styrofoam cup for the soft serve machine and a certificate showing you are FTC certified in the washing of rugs in hot tubs.

I have just a few suggestions:

Industry standards hot tub rug washing insist the following:

(1) You should not use the term "yank" It is too close to "Yankee", and is offensive to our southern gentlemen.

(2) You must never drive over 70 MPH for speed drying of rugs. 65 MPH is the maximum recommended speed for air drying of rugs.

(3) Rugs can only be adequately polished during a sandstorm. You will need to do such polishing during a haboob in Arizona. Otherwise, its not appropriate to add "polishing" to your order.

I will look forward to attending your first class.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have just a few suggestions:

Industry standards hot tub rug washing insist the following:

(1) You should not use the term "yank" It is too close to "Yankee", and is offensive to our southern gentlemen.

(2) You must never drive over 70 MPH for speed drying of rugs. 65 MPH is the maximum recommended speed for air drying of rugs.

(3) Rugs can only be adequately polished during a sandstorm. You will need to do such polishing during a haboob in Arizona. Otherwise, its not appropriate to add "polishing" to your order.

I will look forward to attending your first class.
And don't forget the most important part. Tie your kangaroo down sport.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
1. Try to talk them out of it.
2. Try some more.
3. Treat spots with distilled water because you can bet they dosed it with some damty potion.
4. Use upholstery cleaner to lightly spray (if it passes the bleed-n-crock exam).
5. Rinse with warm water at low pressure and dry stroke it until it purrs.
6. Cash the check on the way home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom