phoenix vs drieaz

steve g

Name
steve garrett
which is your preferred equipment maker?? I think drieaz stuff is generally better engineered and more durable, it holds up better to techs throwing stuff around, however I think drieaz kinda missed the boat with the high flow low amp air movers that the industry has moved to. phoenix took the lead there, I also think they don't have anything to compete with the 200 max at anywhere near the price.

prodrying

Steve you know the Phoenix axials daisy chain also. I personally think Phoenix makes better stuff. The phoenix dehumidifiers will pull less amps and more water than the dri-eaz stuff. Also, the phoenix axials blow a significant amount more air than the dri-eaz axials. Dri-eaz axials will pull less amps but they dry things slower. I am all about drying it fast and phoenix does that for me. To put my money where my mouth is several years ago we sold virtually all our Dri-eaz stuff and bought Phoenix stuff. I still have some Dri-eaz saharas and two dri-eaz air scrubbers though.

Funny thing is I used to test equipment for Dri-eaz before it came out on the market and my conclusion with virtually every product was that it was cool looking but it could have been engineered to work more efficiently.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I prefer Drieaz, but would consider the Phoenix if they were Blue and rotomolded.

In our company Red is for Fire, Blue is for Water.

I think you it's a personal preference, like a TM or a wand.

I hear many people knock Drieaz, yet we having been using their equipment to dry homes and business for decades.

We have a couple of Extreme Extractors and they are built very well.

We also have a Phoenix Guardian (Air Scrubber) it's built well too but when we tested an IH in for training he tested it with a particle counter and it tested lower than our Abatement Technologies units. We still use it but more for dust cleanup.

prodrying

Richard those are good points. The phoenix and the dri-eaz air scrubbers will both not perform as good as your abatement ones. However, I don't do mold and am really only concerned about keeping the crud out of the air when drying it or like you were saying dust control. For my purposes they work plus I was able to get one of them for free and the three others I own I did not pay much for. They all use the same filter too.

The extreme extractor is a very well built unit because Kurt Bolden designed and built it and Phoenix just bought him out.

As for the dri-eaz stuff goes. I got so fed up with them not wanting to produce the best working equipment on the market and only wanting to produce the prettiest that I sold all my Dri-eaz and bought the phoenix. The phoenix dehus. pull less amps and more water. That was what I was looking for. I understand you can dry a house with both I just want the ones that pull the least amount of amps while giving you the most water removal. Also, all the new dehus. I am buying are the 200 HT's. They pull a little more water than the 200 Max use the same amps and will work efficiently up to 110 degrees. I am drying a wood floor inside a home right now where it is 95 degrees and 16 % rh for 39 grains. Outside at 8 am this morning it was 79 91 for 136 grains. My three dehus. are producing anywhere from 28 - 30 grains. So they are going about as low as they can go. Any other dehumidifier would not be able to work efficiently past 90 including the 200 Max and most would be hard pressed to produce those grain numbers especially with the outside conditions the way they are.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Kevin, with all the drying you do in the Texas heat and humidity I am surprised you don't have a E-TES. For the price of a Phoenix HT and easy set up you should check them out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll like the E-TES, we have a couple and could use a couple more.

You know I think we need add on to the building, manufacturer's just keep coming out with new stuff. :x

Just when I think I'm done and don't need anything else, someone comes to market with something better.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I pretty much only have Drieaz equipment.

Last time I bought gear, back about 5 years ago, I sent emails etc to Phoenix head office a few times but never heard back.

A year or so later, I was considering a extreme extractor unit and sent emails agian to no avail... there are a few old 200's sitting around various places in NZ but most out there now are probably blue.

I've just bought another purchase of 20 pieces of mixed drying equipment, all blue.

I do really love the roto moulded cases and in the early days when I hired metal cased units, the potential for damage to clients property is WAY higher than with plastic.

I can't vouch for performance except for one case when I had an old 200 against my 2000 and I was getting dryer air out of my unit but that was years ago and I can't find the stats I had.

John

Back
Top Bottom