Pet hair

jmyjam

Name
Jimmy
Hello, cleaned an apt for a manager, used crb, ultra pac extreme, and hwe. Pulled a lot of pet hair out of carpet. When the resident moved in she showed a trash bag of hair she said she got after vacuuming. First pic is the hair I removed and second pic is what the customer said she removed. Any thoughts so this doesn't happen again. Thanks

Resized_20240222_150712.jpeg IMG_2279.jpg

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Hello, cleaned an apt for a manager, used crb, ultra pac extreme, and hwe. Pulled a lot of pet hair out of carpet. When the resident moved in she showed a trash bag of hair she said she got after vacuuming. First pic is the hair I removed and second pic is what the customer said she removed. Any thoughts so this doesn't happen again. Thanks

View attachment 126361 View attachment 126362
surely hope that she got clean hair!!!! 😜

Reactions: Ever-Fresh

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wonder if the carpet had a wet dog smell after you cleaned it while it was drying

If not, she might've been telling a fib to get a quick free refund

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Carpet can hold a huge amount of hair and dust. It’ll never be new again. I bet you could got over it with a vacuum again and still pull a little bit more out.

Think about the amount that came out after you cleaned spread out over all the carpeted square footage embedded amongst all those millions of strands of carpet fiber. Pretty dilute concentration of dry soiling isn’t it? It’s like squeezing every last bit of soap from a sponge, there’s always a slight bit of surfactant left.

You probably did fine, some customers need a reality check. It’s a fiberous surface, not a stainless steel operating table.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

I wonder if the carpet had a wet dog smell after you cleaned it while it was drying

If not, she might've been telling a fib to get a quick free refund

The pet was a northern pacific furry iguana. They have hooks in their hair and the only way to loosen it is through an ancient Mayan disco dance routine.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I bet you could got over it with a vacuum again and still pull a little bit more out.
bingo! The CRB lifts and seperates the fibers which exposes any debris that was in between the fibers. There is no way you can remove ALL the hair just like you cannot remove ALL the soil.

If you didnt use a CRB, all that hair she got out with her vacuum would still be.............................in the carpet.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Oh wait…silly question…did you vacuum prior?

whut nutball vacuum apt after carpet has been professionally cleaned? I’ve never heard of that one. That Cbr will make carpet appear clean but maybe carpet was pretty much gone / shot whereby nutball tenant sprung 8nto action after you left.

I wouldn’t worry about it. You did your best at the time. I’d throw a wrench in the mind of the manager by politely questioning if residents vacuum canister contained debris prior to vacuuming she just didn’t realize it until afterwards. Scammer trying to skim cow milk¿

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton

View attachment 126361 View attachment 126362
Have you ever washed a dog in a bathtub? What happens to the fur? It sticks to everything!

Fur comes out better dry, but the beater-bar agitates and creates static electricity that makes removal almost impossible. Mist with water after you vacuum, then vacuum again and you will get twice as much fur by breaking the static charge.
Adding pre-spray locks down fur (like in a bathtub) and you only get about half. When it dries you have released the static electricity, and a LOT of fur will come out! I always ask about pets and set the expectation that they will get a lot of fur after the carpet dries. The nature of HWE does not favor fur removal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom