People who bug you about getting someting done but never do.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have like 5 people who always stop me and tell me that they want something done but never get anything done.. they always him haw about a date. but always tell you that they need somting done..

how many of you guys/girls get this usless run around from people?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
All the time. I just smile and say give me a call and we'll get you scheduled. And then I forget about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had an adjuster that was always saying how good we were, and that he recomended us all the time, yet we never got any work from him. :?:

This went on for years then finally one day out of the blue we get a $30,000.00 fire cleanup job from him.

So many be those will eventually turn out to be something too. Just don't hold your breath!
:wink:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
C&S said:
i have like 5 people who always stop me and tell me that they want something done but never get anything done.. they always him haw about a date. but always tell you that they need somting done..

how many of you guys/girls get this usless run around from people?

It's all part of the process of building and running your business. Like Richard said, you never know who will be instrumental in bringing in some serious loot for your company. Just be polite and treat them all like big shooters. It's better than being ignored. At least your not sitting in some cubical in some boring office taking crap from someone one rung up from you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Charles Lyman said:
All the time. I just smile and say give me a call and we'll get you scheduled. And then I forget about it.

what Charles said

the other you hear a lot is,

"Do you have a card?
Thanks!
I'm going to call you"

I suspect many consider those encounters as "walk-ups", when they tell us how many walks up they get.
a walk up to "me" is when they actually schedule

something you can do to help them along the way, is get their name and number.
Then when your slow, do some phone schmoozing

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't generally care what people say they want to do, if they call they call if not oh well.. that never bothered me. It's when they cancel the night before... 3 times! :shock: :evil: That's what really gets to me!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Most people don't see professional cleaning as a high priority in their lives. They likely mean it when they are talking to you, but then something more important happens when they get home (like their need to see a rerun of Law and Order or Seinfeld that they've only seen 10 times before).

Make sure they have your card and a smile, no matter how much "smoke" you feel you've received "through the back door".

One day the spill will happen, the nasty mother in law will be preparing to visit, a dog will pee or vomit, or some other REALLY important event will cause them to need you.

Just make sure that you are the first person they think of when that time comes.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
just was wondering because its nice that people think that way.. and want something cleaned. but im not that kinda person. i stick to what i say im going to do 95% of the time..

Ron K

Good advice above, stay professional they'll call. You're just sowing seeds, even you said 5% of your seeds don't grow all the time.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Able 1 said:
I don't generally care what people say they want to do, if they call they call if not oh well.. that never bothered me. It's when they cancel the night before... 3 times! :shock: :evil: That's what really gets to me!

I have had a few people tell me straight up that they are canceling because they found a better price. Someday during the busy season, I am going to call someone and tell them I have to cancel because I found someone willing to pay me more.:twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom